Civil Engineering, Mathematics, Finite element methods, Computational methods for simulation of biomedical problems, Image-based 3D simulations of blood vessels, Boundary element methods, Combining boundary integral methods with finite elements, Analytical and numerical solution methods in mechanics, and Computational methods in science and engineering
Honors and Awards
- Teaching Award for the Department of Engineering Mechanics (2003)
- Certificate of Recognition for Contributions to Students, Teaching Council of the University of Nebraska (2004)
- College Algebra (MATH 1111)
- Trigonometry (MATH 1112)
- Pre-calculus (MATH 1113)
- Survey of Calculus (MATH 1232)
- Statics (EM 220)
- Mechanics I: Statics (EM 250)
- Mechanics II: Dynamics (EM 350)
- Mechanics of Elastic Bodies (EM 325)
- Dynamics (EM 373)
- Introduction to Finite Element Analysis ((EM 451/851)
- Engineering Statics (EM 223)
- Fundamentals of Finite Elements (EM 918)
- Advanced Investigations in Finite Elements (EM 961B)
- Advanced Topics in Finite Element Methods (EM 951)
- Numerical Methods in Engineering, Part 1: Statics
- Numerical Methods in Engineering, Part 2: Dynamics
- Numerical Methods in Engineering, Part 3: Partial Differential Equations
- Mechanics for Electrical Engineers
|1982||Ph.D. in Civil Engineering, Ruhr-Universitat Bochum|
|1976||M.S. in Civil Engineering, Ruhr-Universitat Bochum|
P.O. Box 8093
Statesboro, GA 30460
Phone: (912) 478-0368
Refereed Journal Articles (32)
Spatiotemporal Interpolation Methods for the Application of Estimating Population Exposure ...
International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health (2016)
Appropriate spatiotemporal interpolation is critical to the assessment of relationships between environmental exposures and health outcomes. A powerful assessment of ...
Fast Inverse Distance Weighting-Based Spatiotemporal Interpolation: A Web-Based Application of ...
International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health (2014)
Epidemiological studies have identified associations between mortality and changes in concentration of particulate matter. These studies have highlighted the public ...
A New Shape Function Based Spatiotemporal Interpolation Method
Constraint Databases: Proceedings of the International Symposium on Constraint Databases and Applications (2004)
In this paper we propose a new spatiotemporal interpolation method for 3-D space and 1-D time geographic data. Similarly to ...
The Derivation of Special Purpose Element Functions using Complex Solution ...
Computer Assisted Mechanics in Engineering and Science (2003)
For several elasticity problems, solution representations for the displacements and stresses are available. The solution representations are given in terms ...
A Quadrilateral Mixed Finite Element with Two Enhanced Strain Modes
International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering (1995)
An improved plane strain/stress element is derived using a Hu–Washizu variational formulation with bilinear displacement interpolation, seven strain and stress ...