|2018 - Present||Director of Technology & Discovery Services, Associate Professor, Western Washington University ‐ Western Libraries and Learning Commons|
|Present||Librarian, Western Washington University ‐ Western Expert|
|2015 - 2018||Discovery Services Librarian / Head of the Resource Discovery Unit / Associate Professor, Western Washington University ‐ Western Libraries and Learning Commons|
Honors and Awards
- “Collective Cultural Competency: Promoting a Dialogue about Diversity in an Academic Library” was named the Ethnic & Multicultural Information Exchange Round Table President’s Program, American Library Association Annual Conference, June 2015.
- Received an Early Career Librarian Scholarship from the Association of College & Research Libraries in order to attend the 2015 Conference in Portland, Oregon.
- Accepted into the 2015 Cohort of the American Library Association Emerging Leaders Program. Part of the K-Team, “Library as Publisher.”
- Nominated for Diversity Achievement Award, WWU Equal Opportunity Office, 2014.
- Awarded $2,200 in grant funds by the Carnegie-Whitney Committee for the creation of a tertiary electronic resource which focuses upon authors who are women of color (i.e., non-Caucasian), and who write speculative fiction.
- LIBR 197: Research Strategies
- LIBR 397D: The Digital Divide
- LIBR 320: Literacy through Graphic Novels, Comics, and Comix
- LIBR 201: Introduction to Research Strategies
|2008 - 2010||MLISc (Summa cum laude), University of Hawaii, Manoa|
|2005 - 2008||B.S. (Summa cum laude), Portland State University ‐ Anthropology|
Rebecca M. Marrall
Director of Technology & Discovery Services / Associate Professor
Western Libraries, HH320P
(360) 650 – 4493
Contributions to Books (7)
Teaching the Digital Divide: Connecting Students to Community, Knowledge, and ...
Library Philosophy and Practice (e-journal) (2014)
This article addresses the purpose, the organization, and results of an experimental credit-bearing upper division service-learning course at a Master’s ...
We're Listening: Transforming IT Services through User-Driven Organizational Change
Western Libraries Staff and Faculty Publications (2019)
Western Washington University Libraries consolidated two previously separate IT units into one division. This poster session will provide a brief ...
Conducting the Accessibility Audit: How One Academic Library Identified Barriers ...
Western Libraries Faculty and Staff Publications (2016)
During October 2015, the Western Washington University Libraries Usability & Design Working Group conducted an electronic accessibility audit of the ...
“Collective Cultural Competency: Promoting a Dialogue about Diversity in an ...
American Library Association's Ethnic & Multicultural Information Exchange Roundtable President's Program (2015)
In Summer 2014, Western Libraries developed and hosted an internal event titled, “Understanding the 21st Century Library Patron.” During this ...