|Present||Discovery Services Librarian / Head of the Resource Discovery Unit / Associate Professor, Western Washington University ‐ Western Libraries and Learning Commons|
Honors and Awards
- “Collective Cultural Competency: Promoting a Dialogue about Diversity in an Academic Library” was named the Ethnic & Multicultural Information Exchange Round Table President’s Program, American Library Association Annual Conference, June 2015.
- Received an Early Career Librarian Scholarship from the Association of College & Research Libraries in order to attend the 2015 Conference in Portland, Oregon.
- Accepted into the 2015 Cohort of the American Library Association Emerging Leaders Program. Part of the K-Team, “Library as Publisher.”
- Nominated for Diversity Achievement Award, WWU Equal Opportunity Office, 2014.
- Awarded $2,200 in grant funds by the Carnegie-Whitney Committee for the creation of a tertiary electronic resource which focuses upon authors who are women of color (i.e., non-Caucasian), and who write speculative fiction.
- LIBR 197: Research Strategies
- LIBR 397D: The Digital Divide
- LIBR 320: Literacy through Graphic Novels, Comics, and Comix
- LIBR 201: Introduction to Research Strategies
|2008 - 2010||MLISc (Summa cum laude), University of Hawaii, Manoa|
|2005 - 2008||B.S. (Summa cum laude), Portland State University ‐ Anthropology|
Rebecca M. Marrall
Discovery Services Librarian & Associate Professor
Head of the Resource Discovery Unit
Western Libraries, HH320P
(360) 650 – 4493
Teaching the Digital Divide: Connecting Students to Community, Knowledge, and ...
Library Philosophy and Practice (e-journal) (2014)
This article addresses the purpose, the organization, and results of an experimental credit-bearing upper division service-learning course at a Master’s ...
Contributions to Books (7)
Conducting the Accessibility Audit: How One Academic Library Identified Barriers ...
Western Libraries Faculty & Staff Publications (2016)
During October 2015, the Western Washington University Libraries Usability & Design Working Group conducted an electronic accessibility audit of the ...
“Collective Cultural Competency: Promoting a Dialogue about Diversity in an ...
American Library Association's Ethnic & Multicultural Information Exchange Roundtable President's Program (2015)
In Summer 2014, Western Libraries developed and hosted an internal event titled, “Understanding the 21st Century Library Patron.” During this ...
The Digital Divide: Connecting Students to Community, Knowledge, and Service ...
American Library Association Diversity & Outreach Fair (2012)
Poster session discussed the four-credit general undergraduate course which examined the Digital Divide phenomenon in the United States, and an ...