|2020 - Present||Attending in Neurology, Providence St. Joseph Health ‐ Swedish Medical Center|
|2020 - Present||Director, General Neurology,, Providence St. Joseph Health ‐ Swedish Neuroscience Institute|
|2020 - Present||Lead, Cognitive Care Group, Providence St. Joseph Health|
|2020 - Present||Medical Director, Center for Healthy Aging/Neurology, Providence St. Joseph Health ‐ Swedish Neuroscience Institute|
|2020||Development Project Awards|
|2007 - 2010||Basic and Translational Research Opportunities in the Social Neuroscience of Mental Health|
|2008||K99 grant Special Emphasis Panel/Scientific Review Group 2008/05 ZHD1 DSR-W|
|2001 - 2003||Foundation Grant|
|Cure Autism Now|
|2001 - 2002||Foundation Grant|
|Autism Society of America|
|2000 - 2001||Nefiracetam and post-stroke depression” Phase II|
|Daiichi Pharmaceutical Co.|
|Role: Principal Investigator|
Professional Service and Affiliations
|2020 - Present||Committee Lead, Cognitive Care Work Group, Providence Health & Services||2012 - Present||Member, Behavioral Neurology Section Practice Work Group||1998 - Present||Member, American Association for the Advancement of Science||1998 - Present||Member, Behavioral Neurology Society||1998 - Present||Member, Doctors without Boarders||1993 - Present||Member, American Academy of Neurology||2011 - 2012||Clinical Research Chair, Benaroya Research Institute, Virginia Mason Medical Center: Optimally Paced Exercise in Alzheimer Di||1998 - 2011||Member, American Neuropsychiatric Association||1998 - 2011||Member, Association of Research in Nervous and Mental Disorders||1998 - 2011||Member, Physicians for Social Responsibility||1998 - 2008||Member, Organization for Human Brain Mapping||1998 - 2008||Member, Society for Neuroscience||Ad Hoc Reviewer, Journal of Neuroscience||Ad Hoc Reviewer, Journal of New Jersey Neuroscience Institute||Ad Hoc Reviewer, Neuroimage|
Honors and Awards
- 1986 Mellon Fellow at National Academy of Engineering
- 1995 American Academy of Neurology, Resident Teaching Award
- 1995 Annenberg Center, Education Award for Teaching in Neurology
- 1996-1998 DeWitt-Wallace Reader’s Digest Fellow in Neuropsychiatry and Behavioral Neurology
- 2003-2008 Mentored-Patient-Oriented Research Career Development Award from the NIH (NINDS)
- 2007 Global Scholar’s Teaching Program, Newcastle, UK.
- 2008 Global Scholar’s Teaching Program, Newcastle, UK.
- 2012 Palatucci Advocacy Leadership Forum, American Academy of Neurology Advocate Award
- 2013 Palatucci Advocacy Leadership Forum, American Academy of Neurology Advisor Award
- 2016 Fellow, American Academy of Neurology
- 2017 Palatucci Advocacy Leadership Forum, American Academy of Neurology Faculty Award
- 2017 Community Health Outreach Award, National Network of Libraries of Medicine. Improving Diagnosis and Treatment of Dementia in Primary Care
- 2018 Consultant, Athira Pharma
- 2019 Advisor, Maude’s Award for Innovation in Alzheimer’s Care
- 2021 Health Care Equity Scholarship from American Academy of Neurology
- 2017-2018 Community Health Outreach Award, National Network of Libraries of Medicine. Improving Diagnosis and Treatment of Dementia in Primary Care.
- 2003-2008 NINDS Mentored-Patient-Oriented Research Career Development Award: Functional MR Imaging of Social Cognition in Autism, 4K23 NS043301
- 2021 Health Care Equity Scholarship from the American Academy of Neurology
|1996 - 1998||Fellowship, Behavioral Neurology and Neuropsychiatry / Research Fellow, DeWitt-Wallace Reader's Digest, Cornell University Medical College|
|1993 - 1996||Neurology Residency, Columbia University|
|1992 - 1993||Intern in Medicine, University of New Mexico|
|1992||MD, Columbia University ‐ College of Physicians and Surgeons|
|1992||MPH, Columbia University ‐ School of Public Health|
|1986||BA, Biophysics, University of California - Berkeley|
Research Works (43)
Tips for Healthy Aging: A Conversation About Dementia with Dr ...
Voices from the Frontline Healthy Aging through Connection and Compassion Foundation Newsletter (2020)
Nancy Isenberg, M.D., MPH, is a neurologist at Swedish Edmonds who cares for patients with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms ...
Alzheimer’s Disease and Other Dementias Workgroup: Alzheimer’s Disease ...
Foundation for Health Care Quality: Dr. Robert Bree Collaborative (2017)
Rates of Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias are expected to increase greatly over the next decades. Many practices lack guidelines ...