|Present||Professor, Chair of Sociology, Co-Director of Critical Studies of Race and Ethnicity, St. Catherine University ‐ Sociology Department|
Honors and Awards
- St. Catherine University. (2013). Denny Award to support Confronting the Prison Industrial Complex Phase II: A Campus and Community Collaboration
- John Jay College of Criminal Justice. (2012). Invited Presenter - “The School-to Prison Pipeline: The Role of Police, Courts and Schools"
- St. Catherine University. (2010). Anne Joachim Moore Lectureship
- AAC&U. (2010). Critical Studies of Race and Ethnicity, featured as Model Diversity Curriculum in More Reasons for Hope, AAC&U
- Oxford Round Table. (2008 & 2009). Invited Presenter
- St. Catherine University. (2005). Faculty Award for Outstanding Teaching and Advising Nominee
- St. Catherine University. (1998). Faculty Award for Outstanding Teaching and Advising
|1987||PhD, Sociology, University of Minnesota - Twin Cities|
|1979||Bachelor of Arts, Sociology, University of Minnesota - Twin Cities|
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55105
Recent Publications (28)
The Racialization of Crime and Punishment: Criminal Justice, Color-Blind Racism ...
American Behavioral Scientist (2008)
The current explosion in criminalization and incarceration is unprecedented in size,scope, and negative consequences—both direct and collateral—for communities ofcolor. These ...