|Present||Professor of Family and Consumer Sciences Education, Utah State University ‐ Applied Sciences, Technology and Education|
Honors and Awards
- Best Paper Award 2010 for the paper, Disentangling the Differences between Abusive and Predatory Lending: Professionals’ Perspectives, Journal of Consumer Affairs(2010)
- Fulbright Scholar Award (2009-2010)
- Researcher of the Year Award, Utah State University,(2009)
- Housing Impact Award, Housing Education and Research Association, Utah State University,(2008)
- Outstanding Journal Article Award, Association for Financial Counseling and Planning Education (AFCPE), (2007)
- Innovative Program Home Buyer Education Award, Utah Extension Association of Family and Consumver Sciences(2001)
- 2000 Dissertation Research Award, Western Refion Home Management Family Economics Educators(2000)
- Research Assistant of the Year, College of Family Life. Utah State University(1999)
- Recipient of the Phyllis R. Snow Graduate Endowment, Utah State University(1996-1998)
- Recipient of the graduate student scholarship of American Association of University Women, Utah State University(1996)
- Scholastic Achievement Award, United States Information Agency(1991)
- Fulbright Scholarship CAMPUS III, Murray State University(1989-1991)
- HENV 1780- ntroduction to Interior Design and Housing
- HENV 2280-Family Economics: Role, Gender and Work
- HENV 3320-Management and Decision Making
- FCHD 3310-Consumer Policy
- FCHD 3340-Housing: Societal and Environmental Issues
- FCHD 4250-Advanced Internship
- FCHD 4910-Creative Projects
- FCHD 5340-Housing Finance
- FCHD 6050 -onsumer Theories
- FCHD 6400-Seminar: Housing Policy
- FCHD 6400-Seminar: Housing Problems
Phone: (435) 797-7204
Office: Family Life (FL) 308A
Association Between Financial Education, Affective and Cognitive Financial Knowledge, and ...
Family & Consumer Sciences (2021)
Using data from the 2018 National Financial Capability Study, this paper examined the relationship between financial education participation and affective ...
Investigating Financial Biases that Can Increase Impact on Paying Bills ...
Journal of Financial Therapy (2021)
This article explores financial biases and their relation to financial management behaviors. Using cognitive, evolutionary psychology, and behavioral finance theories, ...
Financial Clarity: Education, Literacy, Capability, Counseling, Planning and Coaching
Family and Consumer Sciences Research Journal (2014)
This conceptual paper discusses the definitions of financial education, financial literacy, financial capability, financial counseling, financial planning, and financial coaching. ...