|Present||Assistant Professor, University of South Florida|
|2017 - Present||Setting the Agenda regarding the Role of the Public Sector on Intelligent Society|
|National Research Foundation of Korea - NRF-2017S1A3A2066084|
Honors and Awards
- Doctoral Colloquium (invited), The Annual International Conference on Digital Government Research (2015)
- New York State Graduate Student Employees Union Professional Development Awards (2013)
- Commissioner’s Award for Outstanding Work as an Information Management Specialist, Headquarters of the Korean National Police Agency, Seoul, Korea (2006)
- Long-term Abroad Scholarship for Public Servants, Granted to one national police officer per year by the Korean government in support of studies at the University of Tokyo, Japan (2001 – 2004)($
- Commissioner’s Award for Excellence in Teaching, Police Comprehensive Academy, In-cheon Si, Korea (2000)
- Introduction to Data Science
|2016||Ph.D., University at Albany|
|2004||M.A.S., University of Tokyo|
|2003||M.A., Yonsei University|
|1996||B.A., Korean National Police University|
Featured Works (5)
Recent Works (5)
Hagen et al. - 2019 - Processes, Potential Benefits, and Limitations of ...
Proceedings of the 20th Annual International Conference on Digital Government Research (2019)
As part of the open government movement, an increasing number of 311 call centers have made their datasets available to ...
Government social media communications during zika health crisis
Proceedings of the 19th Annual International Conference on Digital Government Research (2018)
While the expectation for public officials and government agencies to adopt social media is high, significant questions remain regarding how ...
Other Research Works (5)
Introducing Textual Analysis Tools for Policy Informatics: A Case Study ...
Proceedings of the 16th Annual International Conference on Digital Government Research (2015)
Electronic petitioning (e-petitioning) provides a unique and promising channel through which people can directly express their policy preferences. E-petitions may ...
Enterprise System Implementation in National and Local Korean Police Agencies ...
Proceedings of the 14th Annual International Conference on Digital Government Research (2013)
Enterprise systems promise to bring various benefits to organizations. However, the dynamics of user adoption are not well understood, which ...