About Linda L. Strong
Linda L. Strong, Ed.D., RN is Assistant Professor of Nursing & Director of the BSN & RN to BSN Program at Sacred Heart University.
Degrees: Ed.D., Nursing Education, Teachers College, Columbia University; MSN, Community Health Nursing, The Catholic University of America; BSN, University of Bridgeport.
Research interests: Public Health Nursing;
Vulnerable Populations; Emergency Preparedness.
Teaching responsibilities: Public Health Nursing;
Emergency Preparedness; The Human Journey of Nursing; Nursing Theory; Nursing Education.
Honors and Awards
- Outstanding Volunteer award from the New England Medical Reserve Corps (MRC), 2011
- Healthcare Hero for Greater New Haven in the Community Service category, 2011
- Nightingale Excellence in Nursing Award, 2011
- Dean’s Service Award Co-Director of St. Charles Health & Wellness Center 2007
- State of Connecticut Community-Campus Recognition Award 2003
- President, Connecticut Association of Public Health Nurses 2014
School of Nursing
College of Health Professions
Hours: Monday 9-12, Thursday 9-12, Others by appointment