|2007 - Present||Professor, American Sign Language and Interpreting, St. Catherine University ‐ ASL and Interpreting Department|
|1999 - 2007||Associate Professor & Chair, ASL and Interpreting Department, St. Catherine University|
Honors and Awards
- 2014 – CIT and RID Mary Stotler Award – received at the biennial national CIT conference in Portland, Oregon.
- 2011 - St. Catherine University Carol Easley Denny Award (funded research project): As the world watched: A cross-linguistic analysis of interpretations of President Obama’s inauguration speech.
- 2010 - RID Research Award (funded research project): An examination of deaf physician-deaf patient discourse: Implications for interpreting practice.
- 2008 - St. Catherine University Bonnie Jean Kelly and Joan Kelly Faculty Excellence Award
- 2008 - MRID Member of the Year Award
- 2017 - Behavior Heath Award: Department of Education
- 2017 - Experiential Learning Model Demonstration Center Award: Department of Education
|2002||PhD, Linguistics, University of Minnesota - Twin Cities|
|1980||MA, Education, Lewis and Clark College|
|1979||Bachelor's degree, Psychology, California State University, Northridge|
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55105
Video Phone 651-212-7408