|Present||Professor Emeritus, Portland State University ‐ Anthropology|
- ANTH 364 Archaeology of the Pacific Northwest
- ANTH 366 Mesoamerican Prehistory
- ANTH 367 East Asian Prehistory
- ANTH 414 Culture and Ecology
- ANTH 453 Archaeological Field Methods
- ANTH 456 Issues in Cultural Resource Management
- ANTH 461 Advanced Topics in Archaeology
- ANTH 464 Topics in Northwest Prehistory
- ANTH 457 Hunter-Gatherers
- ANTH 550 Core Seminar in Archaeology
Kenneth M. Ames
Portland State University
P.O. Box 751
Portland, OR 97207
Assessing the Scale and Pace of Large Shell-Bearing Site Occupation ...
The Journal of Island and Coastal Archaeology (2017)
Methodological advancements in geoarchaeology and spatial and chronological modeling are opening new avenues to interpreting large coastal shell-bearing sites. We ...
Radiocarbon Test for Demographic Events in Written and Oral History
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America (2017)
We extend an established simulation-based method to test for significant short-duration (1–2 centuries) demographic events known from one documented historical ...
Sedentism: a Temporal Shift or a Transitional Change in Hunter-Gatherer ...
Between Bands and States. Center for Archaeological Investigations Occasional Paper No. 9 (1991)
Archaeologists widely perceive sedentism as a necessary precondition for social elaboration and complexity among hunter-gatherers. The origins and causes of ...