|Present||Professor, University of South Florida St. Petersburg|
Honors and Awards
- Society for the Study of Southern Literature, C. Hugh Holman Award Honorable Mention, 2012: Mary Turner and the Memory of Lynching
- Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Research and Creative Activity, University of South Florida St. Petersburg, 2012-2013.
- VIVA Award for Excellence in Disability, Multicultural or Student Services. University of South Florida St. Petersburg. 20 April 2005.
- Excellence in Service Award. African American Studies Department. Valdosta State University. 8 February 2001.
- LIT 3353 Literature, Race, and Ethnicity
- ENG 4042 Studies in Criticism and Theory: Critical Race Theory
- AML 6027 Research and Teaching American Literature
- LIT 2000 Introduction to Literature
- IDH4000 Honors Seminar: Racial Violence and Reconciliation
- AML4933 Studies in American Literature and Culture: Civil Rights and Sites of Memory
- AML4300 Selected American Writers: Toni Morrison and August Wilson
- AML3604 African American Literature
|Ph.D., New York University ‐ English and American Literature|
|M.A., University of Memphis ‐ English|
|B.A., University of Alabama, Birmingham ‐ English|
Office: HBR 208