|2016 - Present||Professor of Physics, Missouri University of Science and Technology|
|2014 - Present||Senior Research Investigator, Missouri University of Science and Technology ‐ Graduate Center for Materials Research|
|2012 - Present||Research Staff, Northwestern University|
|2011 - 2016||Associate Professor, Missouri University of Science and Technology ‐ Physics|
|2005 - 2011||Assistant Professor, Missouri University of Science and Technology ‐ Physics|
Density-functional methods, Ab-initio molecular dynamics, Structural, electronic, magnetic, optical, and mechanical properties of solids from first principles, Transparent conducting oxides, Amorphous oxide semiconductors, Advanced steels, Dilute magnetic semiconductors, and Strongly-correlated materials
Honors and Awards
- 2016: AIME Champion H. Mathewson Medal Award, TMS
- 2015: Gilbert R. Speich Award, Association for Iron and Steel (AIST)
- 2009, 2012: Faculty Research Award, Missouri S&T
- 2008: Faculty Excellence Award, Missouri S&T
- 2017: Faculty Excellence Award, Missouri S&T
- Engineering Physics II Recitations: Electricity and Magnetism (undergraduate)
- Engineering Physics I Recitations: Mechanics (undergraduate)
- Elementary Solid State Physics (upper-undergraduate elective)
- Condensed Matter Physics (graduate elective)
- Special Topics in Condensed Matter Physics (graduate elective)
- Engineering Physics I Recitation (Physics 1135)
|2002||Ph.D. in Physics, Russian Academy of Sciences ‐ Institute of Metal Physics|
|1999||M.S. in Physics, Ural State University ‐ Department of Physics|
|1997||B.S. in Physics, Ural State University ‐ Department of Physics|
114 Physics Building
Missouri University of Science and Technology
Rolla, MO 65409-0640
Phone: (573) 341-4789
Fax: (573) 341-4715
Research Works (74)
An Atom Probe Study of Κ-Carbide Precipitation in Austenitic Lightweight ...
Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A: Physical Metallurgy and Materials Science (2017)
The influence of phosphorus on κ-carbide precipitation and alloy partitioning in an austenitic Fe-30Mn-9Al-1Si-0.9C-0.5Mo cast steel was studied utilizing a ...
Composition-Dependent Structural and Transport Properties of Amorphous Transparent Conducting Oxides
Physical review B: Condensed matter and materials physics (2015)
Structural properties of amorphous In-based oxides, In-X-O with X=Zn, Ga, Sn, or Ge, are investigated using ab initio molecular dynamics ...
An Atom Probe Study of Kappa Carbide Precipitation and the ...
Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A (2014)
The influence of silicon on K-carbide precipitation in lightweight austenitic Fe-30Mn-9Al-(0.59-1.56)Si-0.9C-0.5Mo cast steels was investigated utilizing transmission electron microscopy, 3D ...
Developing a Third-Generation Advanced High-Strength Steel with Two-Stage Trip Behavior
AISTech - Iron and Steel Technology Conference Proceedings (2014)
Previous success in achieving exceptional tensile properties of >1100 MPa ultimate tensile strength and >30% elongation to failure in alloys ...