|Present||Assistant Professor, San Jose State University ‐ Department of Nutrition, Food Science & Packaging|
|2012 - 2017||Lecturer, California State University, East Bay ‐ Pre-Professional Health Academic Program|
|2016||Lecturer, Santa Clara University ‐ Public Health Program|
|2013 - 2014||Lecturer, Diablo Valley College ‐ Nutrition Program|
health and nutrition of traditional, cultural, and fermented foods, role of food preparation techniques in nutrition, health, and disease, nutritional value of sustainable food sources and systems, effect of nutrition on performance and productivity, and efficacy of novel tools and biomarkers of health and disease
Professional Service and Affiliations
|2017 - Present||Co-Chair, Nutrition Student Club, San Jose State Univeristy||2017 - Present||Member, Student Advising Counsel, College of Applied Science and Arts, San Jose State University||2006 - Present||Member, American Society for Nutrition|
Honors and Awards
- Fourth best oral communication, 17th International Congress of Dietetics, “Teens as teachers in the garden: effects on youth vegetable intake and preference”, Granada, Spain
- Award winner, Nutritional Immunology Research Interest Section Graduate Student Poster Competition, Annual meeting of the Federation of American Societies of Experimental Biology, San Francisco, CA
- Woot-Tsuen Wu Leung Scholarship in Nutrition, The Pennsylvania State University
- 2nd place, Vitamins/Minerals Research Interest Section Graduate Student Poster Competition, Annual meeting of the Federation of American Societies of Experimental Biology, San Diego, CA
- 3rd place, Health and Life Sciences, Graduate Exhibition, The Pennsylvania State University
- Honorable mention, Nutritional Immunology Research Interest Section Graduate Student Poster Competition, Annual meeting of the Federation of American Societies of Experimental Biology, Washington, D.C.
- Jean Dearth Dickerscheid Fellowship, Phi Upsilon Omicron National Honor Society
- Ruth Pike Scholarship in Basic Nutrition Science, The Pennsylvania State University
- NuFS 106A: Human Nutrition in the Life Span
- NuFS 106B: Research Methodology in Nutrition and Food Science
- NuFS 219A: Advanced Nutrition and Metabolism
|2001 - 2006||Ph.D., The Pennsylvania State University ‐ Department of Nutritional Sciences|
|1997 - 2001||B.S., University of California, Berkeley ‐ Nutritional Sciences: Physiology and Metabolism|
Teens-as-teachers nutrition program increases interest in science among schoolchildren and ...
California Agriculture (2018)
The Healthy Living Ambassador Program brings health, teen leadership, and teamwork to California's elementary school gardens through interdisciplinary UC Cooperative ...
Plasma α1-Acid Glycoprotein Can Be Used to Adjust Inflammation-Induced Hyporetinolemia ...
Journal of Nutrition (2006)
We examined the association between α1-acid glycoprotein (AGP), all-trans-retinol (retinol), and albumin concentrations in a longitudinal animal model of IL-6–induced inflammation. ...
Peer-Reviewed Conference Presentations (3)
Abstracts and Poster Presentations (23)
Pilot Study: Episodic memory and Nutrient Intake in Healthy Young ...
Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (2018)
Learning OutcomeUpon completion, participant will be able to describe the relationship between episodic memory and cognition-specific nutrient intake.Episodic memory, memory ...