|2013 - Present||Associate Professor, Georgia Southern University ‐ Public Health, Jiann-Ping Hsu College of|
|1999 - Present||Program Coordinator, Health Education and Promotion Major, Georgia Southern University|
|Present||Associate Professor, Georgia Southern University ‐ Health Policy and Community Health, Department of|
|1993 - 1999||Assistant Professor, Georgia State University|
Honors and Awards
- Elected Fellow, American School Health Association (2002)
- Recipient, Heath Educator of the Year, Georgia Association of Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance, Health Educator of the Year, College and University (2004)
- Recipient, College of Health & Human Sciences Award for Teaching (Excellence in Instruction), College of Health & Human Sciences (2011-2012)
- Recipient, Acknowledgment Award, Georgia Association of Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance for Quiet and Consistent Leadership in Health Promotion, Education and Research (2012)
- Recipient, Jiann Ping Hsu College of Public Health Award for Service, Jiann Ping Hsu College of Public Health (2013-2014)
- Ecologically Focused Program Evaluation (COHE 7233)
- Found of Health Education (HLTH 2130)
- Health Aspects of Aging (HLTH 4231)
- Health and Phys.Educ. for Early Childhood (HLTH 3530)
- Health Promotion Planning (HLTH 3133)
- Sexuality Education (HLTH 3430)
- Substance Use and Abuse (HLTH 3130)
- Health & Disease (HLTH 3131)
- Coordinated School Health Program (HLTH 3332)
- Methods and Materials in the School Health Program (HLTH 3431)
- Women’s Health Issues (HLTH 4099)
- Senior Seminar (HLTH 4618)
- Trends & Issues in the School Health Program (HLTH 7130)
|1993||Ph.D. in Health Education, The Pennsylvania State University|
|1987||M.S. in Health Education, The Pennsylvania State University|
|1982||B.S. in Physical Education, University of Delaware|
PO Box 8015
Statesboro, GA 30460
Phone: (912) 478-1530
Published, Peer-Reviewed Articles (17)
Body Image Perceptions Among Sorority and Non-Sorority Women at a ...
Georgia Association of Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance Journal (2010)
The purpose of this study was to examine the relationship of sorority affiliation on body image perceptions and body dissatisfaction ...
Achievement and Satisfaction in Blended Learning versus Traditional General Health ...
International Journal for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (2009)
Blended learning is a hybrid of classroom and on-line learning that includes some of the conveniences of on-line courses without ...
Book Chapters (3)
Contribution to Book
Educational Strategies for Eating Disorders Prevention
Investing in Our Youth: Pooling Community Resources (1997)
Georgia Southern University faculty members Joanne Chopak-Foss and Helen W. Bland co-authored "Educational Strategies for Eating Disorders Prevention" in Investing ...
Contribution to Book
Pregnancy Prevention in Early Adolescence: A Developmental Perspective
Early Adolescence: Perspectives on Research, Policy, and Intervention (1993)
Georgia Southern University faculty member Joanne Chopak-Foss authored "Pregnancy Prevention in Early Adolescence: A Developmental Perspective" in Early Adolescence: Perspectives ...