|2009 - Present||Assistant Professor, Nova Southeastern University ‐ Halmos College of Arts and Sciences - Department of Humanities and Politics|
|2004 - 2009||Graduate Teaching Assistant, University of Miami|
|2007 - 2008||Adjunct Faculty, Miami Dade College|
|2001 - 2003||Graduate Teaching Assistant, University of Connecticut|
Professional Service and Affiliations
|2011 - Present||Member, Hispanic Heritage Month Committee||Present||Member, Academic Integrity Committee||Present||Member, CAHSS Curriculum Committee||2013 - 2015||Member, Faculty Council Curriculum Committee||2012 - 2015||Member, Faculty Council Development Fund Committee||2010 - 2015||Member, Documents Committee||2013 - 2014||Member, Student Course Evaluation Committee||2012 - 2013||Member, Faculty Mentor Committee||2011 - 2013||Member, Farquhar College of Arts and Sciences Faculty Council Executive Committee||2011 - 2012||Member, Academic Program Quality Committee||2011 - 2012||Member, Communications Faculty Search Committee||2011 - 2012||Member, Honor Code and Academic Integrity Committee||2010 - 2011||Member, Minor Committee||Member, American Association of Teachers of Spanish and Portuguese||Member, Asociacion Internacional de Literatura y Cultura Femenina Hispanica||Member, International Federation for Theatre and Research||Member, Modern Language Association||Member, Pi Theta Kappa, International Honor Society of the Two Year Colleges|
Honors and Awards
- (2011-2012) Merit Award: Teaching, Farquhar Colleges of Arts and Sciences, Division of Humanities, Nova Southeastern University
- (2006-2007) Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award, College of Arts and Sciences, Department of Modern Languages and Literatures, University of Miami
- (2006-2007) Graduate Teaching Assistantship, College of Arts and Sciences, Department of Modern Languages and Literatures, University of Miami
- (2001-2003) Minority Fellowship, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, Department of Modern and Classical Languages, University of Connecticut
- (2001-2003) Summer Fellowship, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, Department of Modern and Classical Language, University of Connecticut
- (2001-2003) Graduate Teaching Assistantship, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, Department of Modern and Classical Language, University of Connecticut
|2010||Ph.D., University of Miami|
|2003||M.A., University of Connecticut|
|2001||B.A., University of Connecticut|
Un estudio queer de tiempos históricos: David y Jonatán Desde el Sur (2015)
Spanish Abstract René Marqués es indudablemente uno de los escritores más prolíficos de Puerto Rico. Sus textos, ya sean poesía, teatro, cuentos cortos, novelas o ensayos, generalmente han demostrado una relación intrínseca entre el estado ...
Incorporating Literature and Culture into the Spanish Language Classroom CAHSS Faculty Presentations, Proceedings, Lectures, and Symposia (2017)
In many foreign language courses, the focus continues to be on vocabulary and grammar, to the detriment of culture and literature. The presenters will showcase activities that can be used in Spanish language classes to ...
Teaching Heritage Language Online: Facing Los Retos CAHSS Faculty Presentations, Proceedings, Lectures, and Symposia (2019)
With the advent of new and evolving technologies, foreign language instructors are now increasingly expected to develop and teach online courses. Even instructors with a solid grasp of technology find themselves overwhelmed by the design ...