|Present||Professor, Utah State University ‐ Environment and Society|
|Present||Program Director, National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) Graduate Certificate Program, Utah State University|
Honors and Awards
- • 2018 Award for Outstanding Service in the Academic Sector, Utah Section of the American Water Resources Association
- • 2016 AWRA Boggess Award, Best Paper of 2015 in the Journal of the American Water Resources Association (awarded at the Annual AWRA Conference, Orlando, FL, Nov. 16, 2016)
- • 2014 Western Extension Directors Association Award of Excellence for faculty team of the Center for Water Efficient Landscaping (awarded at WEDA Annual Meeting, Lake Tahoe, CA)
- • 2012 ESRI Award for Best Scientific Paper in Geographic Information Systems (awarded at Annual Conference of American Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing, Sacramento, CA, 2012)
- • Editors’ Picks, Environment Magazine, May/June 2009
- • Society of American Foresters Certificate of Appreciation, 1997
- • Utah Forest Stewardship Achievement Award, 1996
- ENVS 6320/7320 - Water Law and Policy in the United States
- ENVS 6700/7700 - Research Approaches in HDESM
|1987||PhD, University of California, Irvine ‐ Program in Comparative Culture, School of Social Sciences|
Department of Environment and Society
Quinney College of Natural Resources
Utah State University
Logan, Utah 84322-5215
USU Logan Campus, BNR 270A
THEME: Urban Landscapes and Water Conservation (16)
Implications of Nontraditional Housing Arrangements for Urban Water Management in ...
Society & Natural Resources (2019)
Homeowners living in single-family detached housing have dominated the literature exploring drivers of residential water use. Meanwhile, rentals, multiunit buildings, ...
Contribution to Book
Custom Software Application for Analyzing Urban Landscape Water Use
Remote Sensing and Hydrology (IAHS Redbook, Proceedings of a Symposium held at Jackson Hole, Wyoming, USA, Sept. 2010) (2012)
A custom software application was developed to estimate urban landscape water use in a GIS environment using landscape vegetation areas ...
Quantifying Urban Landscape Water Conservation Potential Using High Resolution Remote ...
Photogrammetric Engineering and Remote Sensing (2011)
Research goals were to analyze patterns of urban landscape water use, assess landscape water conservation potential, and identify locations with ...
Implementing Landscape Water Conservation in Public School Institutional Settings: A ...
Journal of the American Water Resources Association (JAWRA) (2010)
Urban water conservation programs and research generally focus on residential and commercial use while paying less attention to institutional settings. ...
THEME: Wetland Policy and Management (8)
Paradoxes in Adapting to Droughts: The Rationality of Locality (Part ...
Case Study Video selected for presentation at the Ecological Society of America's (ESA) First Emerging Issues on Ecology Conference, "Water Ecosystem Services, Drought, and Environmental Justice" (2009)
Part 2 of a video that focuses on the Bear River Basin of Idaho, Utah, and Wyoming, with special emphasis ...