About James A. Fellows
This collection contains some of the work of James A. Fellows, Ph.D., Professor of Accounting, USFSP College of Business.
Honors and Awards
- Bank of America Professor, USFSP, 2009-2011
- Recipient of the 2005 Florida Institute of CPAs Outstanding Education Award
- Visiting Scholar, University of Brighton (UK), March, 1999
- Visiting Scholar, University of Paris, March, 1998
- Florida Progress Endowed Chair in Business Administration, University of South Florida-St.Petersburg, August, 1995 - August, 1998
- Recipient of 1994 and 1997 Teaching Award (TIP) as Outstanding Professor
|Ph.D., Louisiana State University ‐ Economics|
|M.A., University of Florida ‐ Economics|
|M.S., Florida International University ‐ Accounting|
|B.S., University of Tampa ‐ Accounting|
Peer Reviewed Articles (153)
Case study: 1031 exchanges--the promise and the pitfalls. Emeritus Scholars (2009)
Excerpt: “In this article we explore an actual case experienced in ‘the real world.’ The experience of these taxpayers, a narrow escape from the rigid parameters of Code 1031, provides an interesting guide to understanding ...
Working through the maze of recognized gain from partnership distributions of contributed property: Code Secs. 704(C)(1)(B) and 737(A) revisited. Emeritus Scholars (2008)
Excerpt: “In this article, we analyze the mechanics of gain recognition under Code Secs. 704(c)(1) and 737(a). We first start by looking at these two statutory provisions in isolation, and then turn our attention to ...