|Present||Full Professor, Industrial and Systems Engineering, San Jose State University|
Honors and Awards
- Davidson College of Engineering Faculty Award for Excellence in Scholarship
- San Jose State University Representative Scholar
- The Applied Materials Award for Excellence in Teaching
- Donald Newnan Teaching Excellence Award
- The McCoy Family Faculty Award for Excellence in Service
- Engineering Statistics and Analysis
- Engineering Probability and Statistics
- Introduction to Operations Research
- Quality Engineering and Six Sigma
- Information Engineering
- Systems Engineering
- Design and Analysis of Statistical Experiment
- Quality Assurance and Reliability
- Management Science
- Advanced Operations Research
|1984||PhD, University of California, Berkeley ‐ Operations Research|
|1979||MS, University of Texas at Dallas ‐ Mathematical Statistics|
|1976||BS, National Chiao-Tung University ‐ Applied Mathematics|
Papers Published in Refereed Journals (44)
Forward Apportionment of Censored Counts for Discrete Nonparametric Maximum Likelihood ...
International Journal of Reliability, Quality and Safety Engineering (2009)
Empirical cumulative lifetime distribution function is often required for selecting lifetime distribution. When some test items are censored from testing ...
An Automated Highway System Dedicated To Inter-City Trucking: Design Options ...
Intelligent Transportation Systems Journal (The ITS Journal) (2002)
The concept of automated highway systems (AHS) has been primarily motivated by the rapidly worsening traffic congestion on metropolitan highways ...
A Framework for Evaluating Deployment Strategies for Intelligent Transportation Systems
Intelligent Transportation Systems Journal (The ITS Journal) (2001)
Because Intelligeni Transportation Systems (ITS) R&D; is performed for the ultimate depolyment in the real world, deployment issues may limit ...