|November 2016 - Present||Co-PI, Missouri University of Science and Technology ‐ INSPIRE-University Transportation Center|
|October 2015 - Present||Assistant Professor, Materials Engineering, Missouri University of Science and Technology ‐ Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering|
Hydration kinetics of (blended) cementitious materials, Microstructural characterization and modeling of cement paste, interfacial transition zone and mortar/concrete, Measuring and multi-scale modeling of transport properties of concrete, Mechanisms and properties of novel construction/rehabilitation materials, Magnesia-phosphate cement (MPC) and MPC-based functional materials, Deterioration mechanisms of sea sand concrete and marine concrete structures, Molecular simulation of C-S-H, and Acoustics-based NDTs
|2015 - 2017||Blended cementitious materials for concrete: quantitative characterization of the hydration kinetics and computer simulation of the microstructure|
|National Natural Science Foundation of China - 51408365|
|Role: Principal Investigator|
|2013 - 2015||High performance magnesium phosphate cement based bipolar plate for fuel cell|
|Hong Kong Innovation and Technology Fund - ITP/033/12NP|
|Role: Deputy Principal Investigator|
Professional Service and Affiliations
|2017 - Present||Member, American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)||2008 - Present||Member, American Concrete Institute (ACI)||2009 - 2012||Member, Internat'l Union of Laboratories & Experts in Construction Materials, Systems & Structures (RILEM)|
Honors and Awards
- NSF Traveling Support Award Recipient, to attend NSF Workshop on Additive Manufacturing for Civil Infrastructure Design and Construction, July 2017
- ExCEEd Fellow, American Society of Civil Engineers, June 2017
- Outstanding Reviewer, Cement & Concrete Composites, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Outstanding Reviewer, Materials Letters, 2017
- Outstanding Reviewer, Construction and Building Materials, 2014-2016
- Highly Cited Paper recognition [Steel corrosion in magnesium-phosphate cement concrete. Magazine of Concrete Research, 69(1), 35-45, 2017], Web of Science, 2017
- Highly Cited Paper recognition [Realistic pore structure of Portland cement paste: experimental study and numerical simulation. Computers and Concrete, 11(4), 317-336, 2013], Web of Science, 2015, 2016, 2017.
- Bronze Prize, poster competition, SBT-SEU-RILEM Doctoral Workshop, 2011
- Outstanding Graduate, Shenzhen University, 2008
- Excellent Master Thesis, CNKI, China, 2008
- Namtai Scholarship, Shenzhen University, 2007
- Outstanding Student Leader, Chongqing University, 2003, 2004
- Composition and Properties of Concrete
- Construction Materials: Properties and Testing
|2013||Ph.D. in Civil Engineering, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology|
|2008||M.Eng. in Structural Engineering, Shenzhen University|
|2006||B.Eng. in Inorganic Non-metallic Materials Engineering, Chongqing University ‐ Building Materials|
|2006||Bachelor in Law, Chongqing University ‐ Law School|
323 Butler-Carlton Hall
Missouri University of Science and Technology
Rolla, MO 65409
Research Works (62)
Mitigating the Electromagnetic Radiation by Coupling Use of Waste Cathode-Ray ...
Composites Part B: Engineering (2019)
With technological development, the rapid growing numbers of electronic devices generate severe electromagnetic interference (EMI) and radiation to human environment. ...
Correlating the Chloride Diffusion Coefficient and Pore Structure of Cement-Based ...
Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering (2019)
The electrical resistivity of hardened cement-based materials was measured in this work by a modified noncontact electrical resistivity measurement (MN-CM). ...
Thermal and Mechanical Properties of High-Performance Fiber-Reinforced Cementitious Composites after ...
Construction and Building Materials (2017)
This paper investigates residual thermal and mechanical properties of high-performance fiber-reinforced cementitious composites (HPFRCCs) proportioned with high-volume fly ash after ...
Strength and Water Resistance of Low-Grade Fly ASH Incorporated Magnesia-Phosphate ...
Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Sustainable Construction Materials and Technologies (2016, Las Vegas, NV) (2016)
Developed countries are suffering from aging/deterioration of infrastructure, and repair/rehabilitation is thus a long-term work. Magnesia-phosphate cement (MPC) is a ...