|Present||Assistant Professor, San Jose State University ‐ Department of Kinesiology|
|2015||Choice food routines for independent living (CRFIL)|
|Walmart Foundation's State Giving Program|
|Role: Program Co-Director|
|2015||Combined Efficacy: parental and physical educators' influence on physical activity|
|Society of Health and Physical Educators of America|
|Role: Primary Investigator|
Professional Service and Affiliations
|2015 - Present||Journal Reviewer, Adapted Physical Activity Quarterly||2014 - 2016||Student Representative, National Consortium for Physical Education for Individuals with Disabilities|
Honors and Awards
- Student Recipient of Movement Studies in Disabilities Graduate Assistantship, Oregon State University
- Student Recipient of Adapted Physical Education Graduate Assistantship, University Wisconsin
- KNED 339 Instructional Materials and Procedures in Physical Education
- KIN 184YZ Student Teaching Seminar in Physical Education
- KIN 178 Management Practices for Physical Education Teachers
- KIN 1 Adapted Physical Activity
|July 2017||Ph.D., Oregon State University ‐ Kinesiology|
|August 2017||M.P.H., Oregon State University ‐ Health Promotion and Health Behavior|
|August 2012||M.S., University of Wisconsin-LaCrosse ‐ Exercise and Sport Science|
|May 2011||B.S., University of Wisconsin-Madison ‐ Kinesiology|
Measuring physical activity with accelerometers for individuals with intellectual disability ...
Research in Developmental Disabilities (2017)
BackgroundMultiple studies have reported differing physical activity levels for individuals with intellectual disabilities when using accelerometers. One of the potential reasons for these ...
Parental perceptions of physical activity benefits for youth with developmental ...
American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (2016)
Physical activity promotion is of need for youth with developmental disabilities. Parental perceptions of physical activity benefits may influence youth ...