|Present||Professor, Department of Biochemistry/Molecular Biology, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine ‐ Department of Bio-Medical Sciences|
|2008||Visiting Professor, Changsha Medical College|
|2007||Visiting Professor, Central South University ‐ Department of Biochemistry, College of Medicine|
|2010 - 2013||Modification of Resveratrol and Identification of More Potent Prostate Cancer Prevention Reagents|
|2008 - 2010||Chromosomal Translocation-Induced Overexpression of ERG and Prostate Tumorigenesis|
|Christian R. Mary F. Lindback Foundation|
|2007 - 2010||Effects of Resveratrol in Aging and Prostate Cancer|
|Pennsylvania Department of Health, Bureau of Health Statistics and Research|
|2006 Formula Grant|
|2006||Resveratrol, Aging and Prostate Cancer|
|Center for Chronic Disorders of Aging (CCDA), PCOM|
Honors and Awards
- 2006 Young Researcher Scholarship for AICR/WCRF International Research Conference on Food, Nutrition and Cancer
- 2005 Outstanding Performance and Excellence in Scientific Presentation The 2005 Texas Chapter Annual Symposium
- 2003 Award for Excellent Presentation of Research Society of Chinese Biochemists in America, Texas Chapter
- 1990 Advanced Research Award Hunan province, P. R. China
- 1989 Excellent Teaching Award Hunan Medical University, P. R. China
- Introduction to Medical Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Medical Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Cellular and Molecular Basis of Medicine
|2001||PhD, University of Arizona ‐ Nutritional Science|
|1987||MS, Hunan Medical University ‐ Biochemistry|
|BS, Qufu Teaching University ‐ Chemistry|
Scholarly Articles (88)
Histone demethylase PHF8 drives neuroendocrine prostate cancer progression by epigenetically ...
The Journal of Pathology (2020)
Neuroendocrine prostate cancer (NEPC) is a more aggressive subtype of castration-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC). Although it is well established that ...
Cordycepin Inhibits Drug-resistance Non-small Cell Lung Cancer Progression by Activating ...
Pharmacological Research : the Official Journal of the Italian Pharmacological Society (2019)
Lung cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer worldwide and it is also the most leading cause of cancer-related deaths. ...
Germline SDHB and SDHD Mutations in Pheochromocytoma and Paraganglioma Patients
Endocrine Connections (2018)
Pheochromocytoma and paragangliomas (PCC/PGL) are neuroendocrine tumors that arise from chromaffin cells of the adrenal medulla and sympathetic/parasympathetic ganglia, respectively. ...
Metformin Inhibits Prostate Cancer Progression by Targeting Tumor-Associated Inflammatory Infiltration
Clinical Cancer Research (2018)
PURPOSE: Inflammatory infiltration plays important roles in both carcinogenesis and metastasis. We are interested in understanding the inhibitory mechanism of ...