|Present||Professor and Chair, Department of Preventive Medicine and Environmental Health, University of Kentucky ‐ College of Public Health|
Honors and Awards
- 2013- Top US researcher in COPD http://news.thoracic.org/december-2013/ats-members-recognized.php
- Faculty of 1000 - Global Faculty of Experts, United Kingdom, 2009
- QFORMA's Most Influential Doctors - 2009
- Meritorious service Medal 1984 - 2004 - For an exemplary career in the USPHS
- Soffer Research Award, American College of Chest Physicians, 2003 (for best scientific abstract at scientific meeting)
- Advocate of the Year, American Lung Association, 2003 (for work on smoking ordinance in DeKalb County, Georgia)
- Commendation, 1999 － For development of CDC Surveillance Summary on Asthma
- Unit Commendation - 1997 - For work on task force investigating 1995 cigarette recall
- Commendation, 1996 - For exemplary leadership in increasing public awareness of dangers of environmental tobacco smoke exposure
- Commendation, 1995 - For exemplary work demonstrating the association between smoking and sexual dysfunction in men
- Outstanding Unit Citation, 1994 - For work on task force investigating health effects related to fuel exposures
- DuPont Young Investigator Award, American College of Chest Physicians, 1994 (for work examining the health effects of environmental tobacco smoke exposure in children
- Unit Commendation, 1992 - For work on respirator testing program
- Citation, USPHS, 1992 - For working to enact a Clean Indoor Air ordinance in a community
- Achievement Award, USPHS, 1990 - For exemplary performance of clinical duties
- Affiliates Forum, American College of Chest Physicians, 1989 - For work on hypersensitivity pneumonitis
- Advanced Epidemiology Seminar
- Occupational and Environmental Epidemiology
- Introduction to Environmental Health
- Occupational Health
- Public Health Biology
University of Kentucky
College of Public Health
111 Washington Avenue...CPH 214
Lexington, KY 40536
Continuing to Confront COPD International Surveys: Comparison of Patient and ...
International Journal of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (2015)
PURPOSE: Using data from the Continuing to Confront COPD International Physician and Patient Surveys, this paper describes physicians' attitudes and ...
Continuing to Confront COPD International Physician Survey: Physician Knowledge and ...
International Journal of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (2014)
AIM: Utilizing data from the Continuing to Confront COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) International Physician Survey, this study aimed to ...
Fewer Hospitalizations for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease in Communities With ...
American Journal of Public Health (2014)
OBJECTIVES: We determined the impact of smoke-free municipal public policies on hospitalizations for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). METHODS: We ...
Epidemiology of comorbidities in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: clusters, phenotypes ...
Italian Journal of Medicine (2012)
COPD is a complex multisystem disease often accompanied by multiple co-morbidities that contribute to symptoms, exacerbations, hospital admissions and mortality. ...
Fibrinogen, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and Outcomes in Two ...
International Journal of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (2012)
BACKGROUND: Fibrinogen is a marker of systemic inflammation and may be important in the pathogenesis and progression of chronic obstructive ...
Outcomes of noninvasive ventilation for acute exacerbations of chronic obstructive ...
Am J Respir Crit Care Med (2012)
RATIONALE: The patterns and outcomes of noninvasive, positive-pressure ventilation (NIPPV) use in patients hospitalized for acute exacerbations of chronic obstructive ...