Honors and Awards
- Fulbright Research Professor in Public Administration, Federal University of Bahia, Salvador, Brazil, 2011
- Frederick W. Kayser Chair Professor, 2007-2013
- UNO Award for Distinguished Research or Creative Activity, 2006
- Donald C. Stone Service to the American Society for Public Administration Award, 2002
- Jeffrey Pressman Award for the Best article in Policy Studies Review, 1998
- Donald C. Stone Award for Outstanding Research in Intergovernmental Relations, Section on Intergovernmental Administration and Management, American Society for Public Administration
- Fulbright Professor in Public Policy, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Brazil, 1985
- Pi Sigma Alpha Award for the Best Paper delivered at the 1980 annual meeting of the Southern Political Science Association
- Danforth Foundation Associate for Instructional Excellence, 1979-1986
- Policy Design and Implementation
- Policy Evaluation
- Intergovernmental Management
- Theories of the Policy Process
- The Environment of Public Administration
Omaha, NE 68182
Multi-level Governance Processes - Citizens & Local Budgeting: Comparing Brazil, China ...
International Review of Public Administration (2013)
Modifications to policy-making processes and actors are crucial when transitioning to multi-level governance. Civic engagement in budgeting processes, where crucial ...
Devolution, Fiscal Federalism, and Changing Patterns of Municipal Revenues: The ...
Journal of Public Administration Research and Theory (2004)
Theories of fiscal federalism, such as those propounded by Musgrave, Tiebout, and Brennan and Buchanan, prescribe assignment of revenue sources ...