|Present||Associate Dean of the Faculty and Professor, Skidmore College ‐ Department of Social Work|
Honors and Awards
- Quadracci Chair of Social Responsibility, Endowed Chair, Skidmore College (2014-2019)
- Volunteer of the Year, Saratoga Bridges, 2014
- Mit Joyner Gerontology Leadership Award, Baccalaureate Program Directors (BPD) and Association for Gerontology Education in Social Work (AGE-SW), 2013
- National Community Action Award, Saratoga County Economic Opportunity Council, New York, 2012
- The Swedish Foundation for International Cooperation in Research and Higher Education (STINT) Fellowship, Working with Older Adults in Health Care Contexts. University of Gothenburg, Sweden, 3/1/11-5/31/11
- Anita Rosen Best Practices in Gerontological Infusion in Baccalaureate Social Work Curricula, Council on Social Work Education Gero 2009
- Principal Investigator, Baccalaureate Experiential Learning Program for Gertontological Social Work, Council on Social Work Education and John A. Hartford Foundation. (2008, Amount: $7,500).
- Co-Principal Investigator, Renewal of Veteran’s Health Administration Pilot Program for Caregiver Assistance, Communicating Effectively with Health Care Professionals: Evaluation of a Curriculum for Family Caregivers. (2008, Amount: $95,000)
- Co-Principal Investigator, Veteran’s Health Administration Pilot Program for Caregiver Assistance, Communicating Effectively with Health Care Professionals: Evaluation of a Curriculum for Family Caregivers. (2007, Amount: $229,727)
- John A. Hartford Foundation. Hartford Faculty Scholars Program in Geriatric Social Work. Research and professional development funding for 2006-2008.
- Research Methods for the Human Services (SW 241)
- Human Behavior and the Social Environment (SW 253)
- Community Engagement (SW 214)
- Death and Dying (SW 219)
- Social Work Practice with Individuals and Families (SW 333)
- Introduction to Social Work and Social Welfare (SW 222)
|1994 ‐ 2000||PhD, University at Albany, State University of New York ‐ School of Social Welfair|
|1995 ‐ 1997||MS, University at Albany, State University of New York ‐ School of Social Welfair|
|1986 ‐ 1987||MS, California State University, Bakersfield ‐ College of Social and Behavioral Sciences|
|1983 ‐ 1986||BA, California State University, Bakersfield ‐ College of Social and Behavioral Sciences|
Office: Palamountain 416
Research Works 2011 - present (19)
The Caregiver–Provider Relationship Assessment: Measuring Family Caregivers’ Perceptions of ...
Social Work Faculty Scholarship (2012)
This article summarizes the development of the caregiver–provider relationship assessment (CPRA) designed to measure family caregivers’ perceptions of relationship quality ...