|Present||Professor, Department of Chemistry, College of Science and Mathematics, Georgia Southern University ‐ Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry|
|Present||Assistant Chair, Department of Chemistry, College of Science and Mathematics, Georgia Southern University|
Honors and Awards
- COST Excellence in Teaching Award (2000)
- Outstanding Chemistry Graduate Student Teaching Award (1990)
- American Institute Of Chemistry Outstanding Senior Award (1989)
- Introduction to General, Organic & Biological Chemistry (CHEM 1140)
- Principles of Chemistry I (CHEM 1145)
- Principles of Chemistry II (CHEM 1146)
- Organic Chemistry I (CHEM 3341)
- Organic Chemistry II (CHEM 3342)
- Advanced Organic Chemistry (CHEM 4331)
- Drug Design (CHEM 4332)
P.O. Box 8064
Statesboro, GA 30458
Phone: (912) 478-5682
Office: 3214, Chemistry & Nursing Bldg.
Publications (Peer-Reviewed) (8)
Synthesis of 3,6-Bis(5’-bromo-3’-indolyl)-1,4-dimethypiperazine-2,5-dione
The one-pot synthesis of 3,6-bis(5’-bromo-3’-indolyl)-1,4-dimethylpiperazine- 2,5-dione is reported. Sarcosine anhydride is brominated and immediately reacted with 5-bromoindole to produce the ...
Presentations (Peer-Reviewed) (7)
ASPIRES at Georgia Southern University
Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics Talent Expansion Program (STEP) 2011 Grantees Meeting of the National Science Foundation (2011)
Advisement and Scholarship Promoting Inquiry-based Research Experiences in STEM (ASPIRES) at Georgia Southern University is a comprehensive, strategic project that ...