|Present||Professor and Chair, Iowa State University ‐ Department of Psychology|
Honors and Awards
- University of Iowa Faculty Scholar Award 1989-1992
- Fellow, American Psychological Association. 2005
- W. Houston Dougharty Ally Award, 2007
- Fellow, American Psychological Society, 2007
- Department of Psychology Exceptional Leadership Award, 2007
- College of Liberal Arts Career Excellence in Research Award, 2008
- State of Iowa “Outstanding Iowan” Certificate of Recognition from Governor Culver, 2009
- Department of Psychology Leadership Excellence in Learning Communities Award, 2011
- Learning Communities Champion Award from the ISU Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching, 2011
- Iowa State University Career Research Excellence Award, 2012
901 Stange Rd
Ames, IA 50011-1041
Non-Peer Reviewed Articles (2)
Peer-Reviewed Articles (25)
Methylomic Aging as a Window onto the Influence of Lifestyle ...
Journal of the American Geriatrics Society (2015)
Objectives—To examine the effect of the relationship between alcohol and cigarette consumption on biological aging using deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) methylation-based ...
Predicting relationship stability among midlife African American couples
Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology (2011)
Objective: This study examined predictors of relationship stability over 5 years among heterosexual cohabiting and married African American couples raising ...
The Enduring Significance of Racism: Discrimination and Delinquency Among Black ...
Journal of Research on Adolescence (2011)
Prominent explanations of the overrepresentation of Black Americans in criminal justice statistics focus on the effects of neighborhood concentrated disadvantage, ...
Neighborhood context and financial strain as predictors of marital interaction ...
Personal Relationships (2003)
Demographic characteristics, family financial strain, neighborhood–level economic disadvantage, and state of residence were tested as predictors of observed warmth, hostility, ...