|2014 ‐ Present||Assistant Professor, Georgia Southern University ‐ Public Health, Jiann-Ping Hsu College of|
|Present||Assistant Professor, Georgia Southern University ‐ Epidemiology and Environmental Health, Department of|
|Present||Affiliate, Study of International Schooling (Center for Global Education and Research), Georgia Southern University|
|Present||Affiliate, Georgia Southern University ‐ Institute for Interdisciplinary STEM Education|
Honors and Awards
- The John M. White Award, American Industrial Hygiene Association (2005)
- Research Training (Travel) Award for EOH (Environmental and Occupational Hygiene) Faculty, University of Cincinnati Education and Research Center (sponsored by the CDC/NIOSH) (2007, 2008, and 2009)
- Development of Instruction’ Award, Faculty Development Committee, Georgia Southern University (2014)
- Outstanding Reviewer Award, Elsevier (Amsterdam, The Netherlands) (2015, 2016)
- Faculty Research Committee FY 16 and FY 18 Research Seed Funding Awards, Georgia Southern University (2015, 2017)
- Environmental Health (PUBH 6532)
- Environmental Exposure and Impact Assessment (ENVH 7233)
- Environmental Health (PUBH 6532 – Online)
- Field Methods in Environmental Health (ENVH-7235-A)
- Field Research Environmental Health (PUBH-7890-A)
- Air Quality (ENVH-7231-A)
- Public Hlth Capst Res Proj (PUBH-7991-F)
- Environmental and Occupational Health (PUBH-8132-01P)
|2000 ‐ 2005||Postdoctoral Training in Environmental and Occupational Hygiene, University of Cincinnati|
|2001||Ph.D. in Environmental Microbiology, Jadavpur University ‐ Bose Institute|
|1993||M.S. in Botany, Visva-Bharati University|
|1991||B.S. in Life Sciences, Visva-Bharati University|
PO Box 8015
Statesboro, Georgia 30460
Phone: (912) 478-2289
Office: 501 Forest Drive, Room 2025
Fax: (912) 478-0171
Published Peer Reviewed Articles of Original Research (60)
Stenotrophomonas, Mycobacterium, and Streptomycesin Home Dust and Air: Associations ...
Indoor Air (International Journal of Indoor Environment and Health) (2013)
Respiratory illnesses have been linked to children's exposures to water-damaged homes. Therefore, understanding the microbiome in water-damaged homes is critical ...
Inactivation of Aerosolized Bacillus Atrophaeus (BG) Endospores and MS2 Viruses ...
Environmental Science & Technology (2012)
Accidental release of biological agents from a bioweapon facility may contaminate large areas, possibly causing disastrous environmental consequences. To address ...
Association Between Increased DNA Mutational Frequency and Thermal Inactivation of ...
Aerosol Science & Technology (2011)
Inactivation of viable bioaerosol particles, especially stress-resistant microorganisms, has important implications for biodefense and air quality control. It has earlier ...
Comparison of Workplace Protection Factors for Different Biological Contaminants
Journal of Occupational and Environmental Hygiene (2011)
This study compared workplace protection factors (WPFs) for five different contaminants (endotoxin, fungal spores, (1→3)-β-D-glucan, total particle mass, and total ...
Electrospray versus Nebulization For Aerosolization and Filter Testing with Bacteriophage ...
Aerosol Science & Technology (2009)
Aerosolization of bacteriophage MS2 virions by nebulization and charge-reduced electrospray were compared during testing of three filter media. Sample swatches ...