|Present||Professor, Boise State University ‐ Department of Criminal Justice|
Honors and Awards
- 2014 University Foundation Scholar Award, Boise State University
- Nominated - Fellow of the American Society of Criminology for Contributions to Biosocial Criminology - 2008
- CSSPA Annual Faculty Award for Research - 2007
- American Criminal Justice Society - Book of the Year Runner-up - 2003
- Law and Justice
- Public Policy and Criminal Behavior
- Psychobiology of Love and Human Behavior
- Psychopaths and their Crimes
- Theories of Crime
- Advanced Research Statistics
General Theory Versus ENA Theory: Comparing Their Predictive Accuracy and ...
International Journal of Offender Therapy and Comparative Criminology (2015)
General theory attributes criminal behavior primarily to low self-control, whereas evolutionary neuroandrogenic (ENA) theory envisions criminality as being a crude ...
The Relationship Between Academic Achievement and Likelihood of Police Arrest ...
International Journal of Offender Therapy and Comparative Criminology (2014)
Drawing upon a recent study on the association between low self-control and differential responses from the criminal justice system, this ...
Schizophrenia: Causes, Crime, and Implications for Criminology and Criminal Justice
International Journal of Law, Crime and Justice (2013)
This paper is aimed at criminologists and criminal justicians seeking to understand their role in educating law enforcement and correctional ...
Genetic and Environmental Influences in Delinquent Peer Affiliation: From the ...
Youth Violence and Juvenile Justice (2011)
Mainstream criminologists have long maintained that delinquent peer group formation is largely a function of family-environmental variables, and have ignored ...
Differentiating Antisocial Personality Disorder, Psychopathy, and Sociopathy: Evolutionary, Genetic, Neurological ...
Criminal Justice Studies (2008)
This paper examines the separate but overlapping constructs of psychopathy, sociopathy, and antisocial personality disorder from evolutionary, genetic, neurological, and ...