|Present||Director of the Virtual Center for Supernetworks, University of Massachusetts Amherst|
|Present||John F. Smith Memorial Professor of Operations Management, Isenberg School of Management, University of Massachusetts Amherst|
Supernetworks; network systems including: transportation, logistical/supply chain, financial and economic networks, social and knowledge networks, energy/power grids and the internet., Network metrics and design for robustness and vulnerability analysis, synergies in network integration; sustainable systems, humanitarian operations and logistics, environmental decision-making and corporate social responsibility, and Methodologies: Risk analysis, multicriteria decision-making, network and optimization theory, game theory, variational inequalities, dynamical systems.
Honors and Awards
- 2014 Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS) Fellow
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society, University of Massachusetts Amherst, April 14, 2013
- Walter Isard Award in Recognition of Distinguished Scholarly Achievement in the Field of Regional Science, the North American Regional Science Council, 2012
- Spotlight Scholar, University of Massachusetts Amherst 2012
- 2011-2012 Research Excellence Award, Isenberg School of Management, University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Certificate of Appreciation, 65th Public Affairs Operations Center, Massachusetts Army National Guard, from Lt. Col. James Sahady, 2012
- Visiting Professor of Operations Management, School of Business, Economics and Law, University of Gothenburg, Sweden, 2012-2013.
- Certificate in Appreciation of Outstanding Service, University of Massachusetts Amherst, 2011
- The Ernst & Young Inclusive Excellence Award for Accounting and Business School Faculty 2010 Honor
- Stellar Scholar in Production and Operations Management, 2008
- Faculty Advisor to the UMass Amherst INFORMS Student Chapter, 2006-2008
- Fulbright Senior Specialist Award in Business Administration, Department of Mathematics and Computer Sciences, University of Catania, Italy, 2008
- RSAI (Regional Science Association International) Fellow, 2007
- 2007 Award for the Advancement of Women in Operations Research / Management Science (WORMS), 2007
- Radcliffe Institute Science Fellow, Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 2005-2006
- Moving Spirit Award, INFORMS (Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences), San Francisco, California, 2005
- Award for Outstanding Accomplishments in Research and Creative Activity, University of Massachusetts Amherst, 2005
- College Outstanding Research Award, Isenberg School of Management, University of Massachusetts Amherst, 2004 - 2005
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Center Research Team Residency Fellowship, 2004
- 2004 Best Paper Award, 2003
- Named Intellectual Leader in Regional Science, 2004
- AT&T Faculty Fellowship in Industrial Ecology, 2002
- Fulbright/University of Innsbruck Distinguished Faculty Chair in Economics, Innsbruck, Austria, 2001-2002
- AT&T Faculty Fellowship in Industrial Ecology, 2001
- Chancellor's Medal, University of Massachusetts Amherst, 2000
- Distinguished Faculty Lecturer, University of Massachusetts Amherst, 1999 - 2000
Isenberg School of Management
121 Presidents Drive
University of Massachusetts Amherst
Amherst, MA 01003
Environmental impact assessment of transportation networks with degradable links in ...
International Journal of Sustainable Transportation (2010)
This paper proposes environmental impact assessment indices to evaluate the environmental effects of link capacity degradation in transportation (road) networks. ...
Multiproduct supply chain horizontal network integration: Models, theory, and computational ...
International Transactions in Operational Research (2009)
n this paper, we develop multi-product supply chain network models with explicit capacities, before and after their horizontal integration. In ...