Nanostructured Materials Fabrication, Photoelectrochemical Cells, Photocatalysis, Heterogeneous Catalysis
Honors and Awards
- ---- Professional Membership ----
- - Chartered Chemist, the Royal Australian Chemical Institute (RACI)
- - Member, the Australian Carbon Group (ACG)
- - Member, the Australian Research Council Nanotechnology Network (ARCNN)
- ---------- Research Funding ----------
- Total Grant Received: AUD $ 1, 000, 000 (2010 - current)
- (2013) Research Equipment Grant, School of Chemical Engineering, UNSW, AUD $13,000
- (Jan 2013 - Dec 2015) Australian Research Council (ARC) Discovery Project Research Grant, DP130102420, AUD $330, 000
- (2013) Major Research Equipment and Infrastructure Initiative (MREII), UNSW, AUD $136,000
- (2012 & 2013) Faculty International Travel Grant, AUD$6,000
- (2012) Research Equipment Grant, School of Chemical Engineering, UNSW, AUD $30,000
- (Jan 2011 - Dec 2013) Australian Research Council (ARC) Discovery Project Research Grant, DP110101638, AUD $460, 000
- (2010) Centre for Energy Research and Policy Analysis (CERPA) Research Grant, Australia, PS20424, AUD $20, 000
- (2007-2008) Japan Grant-in-aid for Young Excellent Researcher of Laboratory of Environmental Energy, JPN 350, 000 yen
- ---------------- Awards ----------------
- (MAR 2013) Honda-Fujishima Prize, by the Electrochemical Society of Japan.
- (DEC 2012) Postdoctoral Academy Award (most tier 1 publication in 2011), UNSW.
- (2011-2013) Australian Research Council (ARC) Postdoctoral Fellowship
- (2008) Japan Global Center of Excellence (GCOE) Research Visitor Fellowship (University of Notre Dame, Indiana, USA)
- (2005-2009) MEXT fellowship by Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology Japan
- (2003-2005) Malaysia National Science Fellowship (NSF) by Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation Malaysia
- (1999-2003) PTPTN Scholarship by Malaysia Higher Education Fund Corporation
- ------ Awards won by Students ------
- (2013) Minsu Jung - Australian Nanotechnology Network - Travel Award
- (2012) Peng Wang - Australian Nanotechnology Network - Travel Award
- (2011) Jung-Ho Yun - Poster Presentation Award, CHEMECA
- (2011) Charlene Ng - Clean Energy Award, Consortium of China9 Research Universities (C9) and the Go8 Australia
- (2010) Roong Jien Wong - UNSW Taste of Research Summer Scholarship
- (2009) Xinda Yang - UNSW Taste of Research Summer Scholarship
- CEIC2004 - Industrial Chemistry for Chemical Engineering
- CHEN6703 - Advanced Particle Systems Engineering
Scientific Peer-Reviewed Journal (32)
Transforming Anodized WO3 Films into Visible-Light-Active Bi2WO6 Photoelectrodes by Hydrothermal ...
Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters (2012)
We directly transformed anodized tungsten oxide film (WO3·2H2O) into bismuth tungstate (Bi2WO6) by substituting the intercalated water molecules with [Bi2O2]2+ ...
A Perspective on Fabricating Carbon-based Nanomaterials from Photocatalysis and their ...
Energy & Environmental Science (2012)
Combining semiconductor photocatalysts (typically titanium dioxide TiO2) with graphene or graphitic carbon nanostructures has been extensively investigated due to their ...
Combined electrophoretic deposition-anodization method to fabricate reduced graphene oxide-TiO2 nanotube ...
RSC Advances (2012)
We directly constructed reduced graphene oxide-titanium oxide nanotube (RGO-TNT) film using a single-step, combined electrophoretic deposition-anodization (CEPDA) method. This method, ...
Understanding the Enhancement in Photoelectrochemical Properties of Photocatalytically Prepared TiO2-reduced ...
Journal of Physical Chemistry C (2011)
Solution-phase photocatalytic reduction of graphene oxide (GO) to reduced graphene oxide (RGO) by titanium dioxide (TiO2) nanoparticles produces an RGO-TiO2 ...
Semiconductor/ Reduced Graphene Oxide Nanocomposites Derived From Photocatalytic Reactions
Catalysis Today (2011)
Graphene-based semiconductors nanocomposites were synthesized via a single-step photocatalytic reduction process. UV active titanium dioxide (TiO2) and visible light driven ...
Synthesis of Porous and Visible-light Absorbing Bi2WO6/TiO2 Heterojunction Films ...
Journal of Physical Chemistry C (2011)
This work reports the preparation of porous and visible-light absorbing Bi2WO6/TiO2 heterojunction films as a photo-electrode, and their photoelectrochemical and ...
Flower-shaped Tungsten Oxide with Inorganic Fullerene-like Structure: Synthesis and Characterization
Crystal Growth and Design (2010)
Relatively thick (1.2 µm), novel, flower-like nanostructured tungsten oxide thin films are obtained by electrochemically anodizing tungsten foil in a ...