About Yifei Mao
Yifei Mao is an assistant professor of finance at the Cornell University School of Hotel Administration (SHA). Her research interests are focused on issues in empirical corporate finance, particularly topics related to venture capital, entrepreneurship, and innovation. Her research has been published in the Journal of Financial Economics.
Mao was selected as a participant in the NBER Entrepreneurship Research Bootcamp during the summer of 2014. She has given presentations and held discussions at conferences such as the Western Finance Association (WFA) meetings, the American Finance Association (AFA) meetings, the American Economic Association (AEA) meetings, and the Financial Intermediation Research Society (FIRS) conference.
Mao received her BA in economics from Tsinghua University in China, her master’s degree in economics from the University of Pennsylvania, and her PhD in finance from Indiana University.
Honors and Awards
- NBER Entrepreneurship Research Boot Camp Participant, NBER, 2014
- American Finance Association (AFA) Doctoral Student Travel Grant, 2013
- Graduate Student Fellowship, Finance Department, Indiana University, 2010-present
- University Fellowship, Tsinghua University, 2007
- Asia Institute for Political Economy Fellowship from the Fund of American Studies, Georgetown University, and the University of Hong Kong, 2007
|2015||Ph.D., Indiana University ‐ Finance|
|2010||M.A., University of Pennsylvania ‐ Economics|
|2008||B.A., Tsinghua University ‐ Economics|
435B Statler Hall