|2014 ‐ Present||Assistant Professor, Georgia Southern University ‐ Public Health, Jiann-Ping Hsu College of|
|2014 ‐ Present||Assistant Professor, Georgia Southern University ‐ Graduate Studies, Jack N. Averitt College of|
|Present||Assistant Professor, Georgia Southern University ‐ Health Policy & Management, Department of|
Honors and Awards
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society, Ohio State University (2005)
- Academic Excellence and Enhancement Scholarship Award, University of Kentucky (2006, 2007, 2008)
- Eberly College of Arts and Sciences Outstanding Alumnus Award, West Virginia University (2009)
- CPH Joel Lee Health Services Management Outstanding Dissertation, University of Kentucky (2009)
- Delta Omega Honorary Society in Public Health, Wright State University (2010)
- CPH Chapter Delta Omega Honorary Society in Public Health, University of Kentucky (2011)
- Commencement Speaker, West Virginia University (2011)
- Public Health Doctoral Seminar (PUBH 9630)
- Public Health Policy & Ethics (HSPM 7133)
- Health Policy, Regulation & Ethics (PHLD 9331)
- Evidence-based Public Health (HSPM 7090)
|2008||Ph.D. in Health Services Management, University of Kentucky ‐ College of Public Health|
|2005||M.P.H. in Health Services, Management and Policy, Ohio State University ‐ College of Public Health|
|1992||M.A. in Sociology, West Virginia University ‐ College of Arts and Sciences|
|1989||B.A. in Psychology and Sociology, Wright State University ‐ College of Science and Mathematics|
PO Box 8015
Statesboro, GA 30458
Phone: (912) 478-6984
Office: Hendricks Hall, Building 303
Published Peer Reviewed Journals (11)
Georgia’s Rural Hospital Closures: The Common-good Approach to Ethical ...
Journal of the Georgia Public Health Association (2016)
Background: Critical access hospitals provide several essential services to local communities. Along with the functions associated with providing necessary medical ...
Evaluation of Social Marketing Efforts Designed to Increase Enrollment in ...
Journal of Nonprofit & Public Sector Marketing (2004)
Expanded eligibility criteria for children in the federally funded Child Health Insurance Program (CHIP) has created unique social marketing challenges ...
Published Book Chapters (2)
Contribution to Book
Epidemiology and Nursing Practice
Public Health Science and Nursing Practice: Caring for Populations (2015)
How do you solve population-level health problems and develop appropriate nursing interventions?This unique, problem-solving, case-based approach shows you how. You’ll ...
State and National Conference Presentations (24)
Disease Investigation Specialist Workforce Development: A Systematic Review of the ...
American Public Health Association Annual Conference (APHA) (2015)
Background: Disease investigation specialists (DIS), known by multiple names in the literature, perform many duties related to HIV prevention and ...