Simulation, Emergency Medicine, and Medical Education
Honors and Awards
- Team Member and Submission Co-Author, Outstanding Leadership Award presented to LVHN for Achievement in Eliminating Central Line-Associated Bloodstream Infections, U.S. DHHS and the Critical Care Societies Collaborative, 2011
- Outstanding Reviewer for the AAMC Medical Education Portal, 2009
- Best Innovation in Emergency Medicine Education Exhibit, SAEM Annual Meeting, Orlando, FL, 2004
- Fellow of the American College of Emergency Physicians, 2002
- Poster Competition Winner, CalACEP Scientific Assembly, 1998
- Society for Academic Emergency Medicine Award for Excellence in Emergency Medicine, 1995
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- Summa Cum Laude, Tulane University, 1991
- Phi Beta Kappa, 1991
Cognitive Versus Technical Debriefing After Simulation Training
Academic Emergency Medicine: Official Journal Of The Society For Academic Emergency Medicine (2006)
BACKGROUND: Recent literature describes "cognitive dispositions to respond" (CDRs) that may lead physicians to err in their clinical reasoning. OBJECTIVES: ...
Constructing Hospice & Palliative Medicine Standardized Patient Cases for Internal ...
Research Scholars Poster Presentation (2013)
Constructing Hospice & Palliative Medicine Standardized Patient Cases for Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, and Family Medicine Residents Gavin P. Jones1, ...