|Present||Assistant Professor, Iowa State University ‐ Department of Economics|
Honors and Awards
- 2016: Best Doctoral Dissertation Award, Department of Agricultural, Environmental and Development Economics, the Ohio State University
- Presidential Fellowship, the Ohio State University, 2014-2015
- Winner, North America Regional Science Council Graduate-Student-Led Paper Competition, the 60th Annual North American Meetings of the Regional Science Association International, 2013
- Winner, North America Regional Science Council Graduate-Student-Led Paper Competition, the 59th Annual North American Meetings of the Regional Science Association International, 2012
- Winner, Best Paper Competition, Midwest Graduate Student Conference on Regional and Applied Economics, 2013
- Winner, Graduate Student Paper Competition, 5th Annual Midwest Graduate Student Summit on Regional, Population, Health & Environmental Economics, 2012
- The Honor Society of Agriculture, Gamma Sigma Delta, since 2012
- 2009: Doctoral Fellowship, Ohio Agricultural Research and Development Center (OARDC)
- National Scholarship, 1st Prize, Ministry of Education of China, 2007
- 2007: Fung Scholar, Victor and William Fung Foundation
- Econ 364: Rural Property Appraisal - currently at Iowa State University
- AEDE/IS 3569: China's Economic Reform and Globalization - 2013 at the Ohio State University
|September 2010 - July 2015||PhD, The Ohio State University ‐ Agricultural, Environmental and Development Economics|
|September 2009 - September 2010||The Ohio State University ‐ Environmental Science Graduate Program|
|September 2005 - July 2009||BSc, Fudan University ‐ Environmental Science and Engineering|
|September 2007 - January 2008||Exchange student, The University of Hong Kong ‐ Environmental Studies, Civil Engineering|
478C Heady Hall
518 Farm House Ln
Ames, Iowa 50011
Entrepreneurs and Start-ups in the Agricultural Industry
Journal of the American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers (2019)
Analyzing 24 recent agricultural start-up companies and 23 agricultural applications, this article provides an overview of entrepreneurs and start-ups in ...
Are Agricultural Professionals’ Farmland Value and Crop Price Forecasts Consistent?
Journal of the American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers (2018)
Using agricultural professionals’ forecasts of future farmland values and corn and soybean cash prices for their service area, we analyze ...
Land Quality Perceptions in Expert Opinion Surveys: Evidence from Iowa
Journal of the American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers (2017)
While many opinion-based surveys ask land values for different land quality classes, little is known how survey respondents perceive the ...