|2018 - Present||Connecticut Healthy Campus Initiative|
|Connecticut Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services|
|Opioid Use Awareness and Prevention|
|Colleague(s): Jessica Samuolis|
Honors and Awards
- 2010-2015—National Institutes of Health, National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism Loan Repayment Grant and Renewals
- 2013: Grant Generating Project (GGP) Fellowship, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine, Department of Family Medicine
- 2012: Career Development Award, Health Outcomes Research, SLUCOR (St. Louis University Center for Outcomes Research)
- 2011: Research Poster Award, College of Human Environmental Sciences, University of Missouri. Title: Disordered eating patterns and alcohol misuse in college students: evidence for “drunkorexia”?
- 2010: Service Award for Outstanding Faculty Advisor, Office of Greek Life. University of Missouri
- 2007-2008—National Institute on Drug Abuse Comorbidity and Biostatistics Pre-doctoral Fellowship, Washington University School of Medicine, Epidemiology and Prevention Research Group. Grant director: Linda B. Cottler, Ph.D.
- 2003-2007--National Institute on Drug Abuse Social Work in Addictions Training (STAR) Pre-doctoral Fellowship, George Warren Brown School of Social Work. Grant directors: Arlene R. Stiffman, Ph.D., and David E. Pollio, Ph.D.
- Human Behavior in the Social Environment
- Research Methods
|2006 - 2008||M.S.W., Washington University in St. Louis|
|2003 - 2008||Ph.D., Washington University in St. Louis|
|1990 - 1994||B.A., Washington University in St. Louis|
West Campus West Building WCW*W3B308
College of Arts and Sciences
Interprofessional Perspectives on Faculty-to-Faculty Incivility from Nursing and Social Work
School of Social Work Faculty Publications (2021)
Healthcare delivery systems frequently require interprofessional collaboration between members of several health and social care professions. In the United States, ...
Effect of Electrical Parameters on ECT Convulsive Threshold and Duration
School of Social Work Faculty Publications (2016)
BACKGROUND: Optimal stimulus parameters for electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) are unclear. Pulse duration and frequency related to convulsive threshold and seizure ...
Revisiting Practice-based Research Networks as a Platform for Mental Health ...
Administration and Policy in Mental Health and Mental Health Services Research (2009)
Practice-based research networks (PBRNs)—collaborations of practice settings that work together to generate research knowledge—are underused in mental health services research. ...
From Early to Late Adolescence: American Indian Youths' Behavioral Trajectories ...
The Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (2007)
ObjectiveThis article identifies behavioral trajectories of American Indian adolescents and examines their predictors.MethodA total of 401 urban and reservation American ...
Interrater Reliability and Coding Guide for Nonpsychotic Formal Thought Disorder
Perceptual and Motor Skills (2006)
Reliable and valid assessment of abnormal speech patterns may enableearlier recognition of nonpsychotic disorders through characteristic speechpatterns. This study sought ...
Book Reviews (2)
Popular Press (1)
Sacred Heart University Receives State Grant for Opioid Prevention on ...
SHU News (2018)
Sacred Heart University assistant professors Jessica Samuolis and Victoria Osborne-Leute have received an $11,000 grant from the Connecticut Healthy Campus Initiative to implement opioid ...