Dominican University of California: Sustainability Tracking, Assessment and Rating System (STARS) Report(2013)
Dominican’s sustainability action plan includes 3 main strategic initiatives, with measurable goals for each of the initiatives. For each of the strategic initiatives below, the desired outcome or goal is as follows: Achieve the highest rating possible for Dominican in 5 years at the Sustainability Tracking Assessment and Rating System (STARS) developed by the Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE) in this particular area.
- Sustainability Strategic Initiative # 1 (SS1): Infusing sustainability in the campus-wide education (including curriculum and co-curriculum) and research
- Campus-wide curriculum action plan
- Campus-wide co-curriculum action plan
- Campus-wide research action plan
- Sustainability Strategic Initiative # 2 (SS2): Transforming campus operations to incorporate sustainability principles
- Sustainability Strategic Initiative # 3 (SS3): Sustainability planning, administration and engagement
The plan includes detailed implementation steps for each of the initiatives, with measures of success, responsible parties, a timeline and resources needed for each of the steps.
Citation InformationVânia R. Coelho and Jacob Massoud. "Dominican University of California: Sustainability Tracking, Assessment and Rating System (STARS) Report" (2013)
Available at: http://works.bepress.com/vania-coelho/73/