|Present||Assistant Professor, School of Nursing, College of Health and Human Sciences, Georgia Southern University ‐ School of Nursing|
Honors and Awards
- Nominated for March of Dimes Nurse of the Year Award (2013)
- Bulloch Healthcare Foundation Nursing Faculty Scholar (2012-2013)
- Two Army Commendation Medals (1999)
- Army Reserve Component Achievement Medal (1996-1999)
- Army Certificate of Achievement (1997)
- Award Meritorious Service Ribbon with Oak Leaf Cluster (1987)
- Primary Care 2: Pediatrics Clinical (NURS 7225)
- Women’s Health Clinical (NURS 7890)
- Differential Diagnoses and Pathophysiology (NURS 6134)
- Advanced Health Assessment Across the Lifespan Lab (NURS 5210)
- DNP Clinical Immersion Project 3: Analysis (NURS 9923)
- Advanced Nursing Practice and DNP Role Transition (NURS 9231)
- DNP Clinical Immersion Project 1: Development (NURS 9921)
- Primary Care 1: Women’s Health (NURS 7231)
- Primary Care 1: Women’s Health Clinical (NURS 7224)
- Independent Study FNP Clinical Practicum (NURS 7890)
P.O. Box 08158
Statesboro, GA 30460
Office: Nursing/Chemistry Building
Peer Reviewed Articles (10)
Safe Management of Chronic Pain in Pregnancy in an Era ...
Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic, & Neonatal Nursing (2014)
Safe and effective management of chronic pain in pregnancy is challenging. Use of over-the-counter analgesics, opioids, opioid substitution therapies, complementary ...
Breastfeeding Promotion for Management of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic, & Neonatal Nursing (2013)
Objective: To review the literature about the association between breastfeeding and neonatal abstinence syndrome (NAS) severity, need for pharmacologic treatment ...
Book Review (1)
Presentations (National) (19)
Perinatal Substance Use Disorders: Impact on Women and Infants
4 hour Podium presentation at Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses (AWHONN) (2015)
This session will cover perinatal substance use disorders and effects on pregnancy and neonatal outcomes. Emphasis will be on the ...