|2015 - Present||Fellow, Institute for Interdisciplinary STEM Education, Georgia Southern University ‐ Institute for Interdisciplinary STEM Education|
|2012 - Present||Professor, Georgia Southern University ‐ Business, Parker College of|
|Present||Director and Professor, Georgia Southern University ‐ Accountancy, School of|
Interdisciplinary STEM, Rural education, Fraud, Anti-fraud research and education, Examination of supply and demand components, Audits, Performance measurement for regulated industries, Identity management, Biometrics, Privacy and trust in online environments, Internet controls, and Information security
Honors and Awards
- Recipient, Outstanding Teacher, College of Business and Economics (2004)
- Recipient, Best Manuscript Award, American Academy of Business (2005)
- Recipient, Dominion Energy Merit Outstanding Teaching Award, College of Business and Economics, WVU (2005)
- Recipient, EMBA Top Instructor Teaching Recognition (2006)
- Member, Strategic Planning Task Force Member Group, Accounting Program Leadership Group
- Member, Trueblood Seminar Committee, American Accounting Association and Deloitte Foundation (2007)
- Co-Chair, Trueblood Seminars for Faculty, American Accounting Association and Deloitte Foundation (2008)
- Recipient, Division of Accounting Outstanding Researcher Award, WVU Division of Accounting (2009)
|1990||Ph.D. in Accounting and Information Systems, University of Wisconsin|
|1986||M.B. in Accounting and Information Systems, University of Wisconsin|
|1979||B.S. in Mathematics/Secondary Education, University of Wisconsin|
PO Box 8141
Statesboro, GA 30460
Phone: (912) 478-0103
Office: COBA 2203 A
Refereed Journal Articles (21)
The Value Relevance of Non-Financial Performance Variables and Accounting Information ...
Journal of Accounting and Public Policy (2003)
This research examines the relative value relevance to investors of non-financial performance variables, traditional accounting variables (earnings and changes in ...
The Determinants of Monitoring Costs for Not-for-Profit Charitable Organizations
Journal of Public Budgeting, Accounting and Financial Management (1998)
This research uses data from 2,470 not-for-profit-organizations (NFPOs) to examine the impact of organization size, risk, and complexity on monitoring ...
Conference Proceedings (2)
Contribution to Book
Measuring the Impact of Economies of Scale, Risk and Complexity ...
Proceedings of the Midwest Regional Meeting of the American Accounting Association (1995)
This conference proceeding was published in Proceedings of the Midwest Regional Meeting of the American Accounting Association.