|Present||Professor, Physics, University of Northern Iowa ‐ Department of Physics|
Honors and Awards
- REST Award for Service to the Physics Department of Northern Iowa (2012)
- Research Highlighted in CNS Faculty Focus Web Site (2011)
- Nominated for Excellence in Teaching Award by College Dean 's Student Advisory Council (2011)
- Aladdin Lamp Award - Synchrotron Radiation Center in Stoughton, WI (2001)
- Incomplete List of Excellent Teaching Assistants (1997)
- Conceptual Physics Laboratory
- General Physics I & II
- Engineering Physics I
- Freshman Projects
- Introduction to Electronics
- Physical Computing
- PLTW Digital Electronics
- Statistical Mechanics & Thermodynamics
- Physics Seminar
- Nanoscience courses (Lab & Lecture): Introductory, Intermediate, and Advanced
University of Northern Iowa
Physics Building 304
Cedar Falls, IA 50614-0150
Office: PHY 304
Phone: (319) 273-2380
Ballistic Electron Transport Properties Across the Manganese/Silicon Interface
Applied Physics Letters (2013)
Ballistic electron transmission is used to investigate electron transport across the Au/Mn/Si and Au/Siinterfaces. The Au/Mn/Si spectra exhibit multiple threshold voltages above the Schottky barrier. The ...
Emergence of Long Range One-Dimensional Nanostructures in a Disordered Two-Dimensional ...
Journal of Physical Chemistry C (2012)
Multiple microscopic techniques have been employed to study Mn-intercalated Ti1+δS2 at different length scales. The introduction of Mn intercalates resulted ...
Formation of Nanoscale Clusters During the Initial Stages of CaF2CaF2 ...
Journal of Vacuum Science & Technology A: Vacuum, Suifaces, and Films (2010)
The initial stages of high temperature CaF2CaF2growth by molecular beam epitaxy on Si(111) substrates with a 3° miscut were characterized ...