Clinical and translational research to reduce health disparities, Community and patient engaged approaches to improve patient health outcomes, Health communication strategies for healthcare delivery and services, Behavioral factors associated with health care utilization and improved patient outcomes, sickle cell trait education, and sickle cell disease
Honors and Awards
- Recipient, Employee Leadership Award, Marion County Public Health Department (2011)
- Graduate Assistantship, School of Public Health, Indiana University (2012-2013)
- Recipient, Educational Award, Volunteers in Service to America, AmeriCorps VISTA (2013)
- Graduate Assistantship, Office of Alternate Substance Abuse Intervention Services (2013-2014)
- Recipient, Best in Category, Community-Engaged Research, Sickle Cell Association of America Conference (2017)
- Selected Scholar, 2017-2018 Class, Leading Diverse Scientists to Success Program (2017-2018)
|2015 - 2017||Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Meharry Medical College|
|2015||Ph.D., Indiana University|
|2012||M.P.H., Indiana University|
|2010||M.A., Indiana University|
|2006||B.A., Butler University|
Georgia Southern University
P.O. Box 8015
Phone: (912) 478-2674
Office: Hendricks Hall
Peer-Reviewed Publications (11)
Adolescent Participation in HPV Vaccine Clinical Trials: Are Parents Willing?
Journal of Community Health (2017)
Approximately one-quarter of human papillomavirus (HPV) infections are acquired by adolescents, with a higher burden among racial/ethnic minorities. However, racial/ethnic ...
Other Publications (1)
Invited Oral Presentations (5)
Navigating Research Partnerships that include Patients with Serious Acute or ...
Patient Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) (2017)
The Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) hosted a webinar to provide information and answer questions about research partnerships that include ...
Oral Presentations (10)
Best-Practice Strategies for Engaging Community Stakeholders and Patients as Partners ...
Advancing the Science of Community Engaged Research Conference (2017)
Community engagement and Community-Engaged Research are viewed as the cornerstones to improving health and reducing health disparities in underserved and ...