Honors and Awards
- Fellow, ASME, 2011
- ISU Emerging Leaders Academy, 2009 cohort (initial cohort of this program)
- ISU ME Professor of the Year, 2006 , 2009 (tied)
- ISU College of Engineering Superior Engineering Teacher of the Year Award, 2006 .
- Iowa State University Miller Faculty Fellow, AY03/04
- Recognized by the ISU Engineering Student Council with a Leadership Award – Spring 2002, Spring 2005.
- Nominated for the VEISHEA Outstanding Faculty Member Award at IS U – 2001 , 2007
- Nominated for the Institute of Paper Science and Technology Teacher of the Year Award – 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999
- Institute of Paper Science and Technology President’s Award for Excellence in Teaching – 1997
- Institute of Paper Science and Te chnology Teacher of the Year Award – 1997
- Georgia Tech Teaching Fellow, Winter 1996 Class
- ME 332 – Thermodynamics II
- ME 370 – Engineering Measurements and Instrumentation ; S0
- ME 436 – Heat Transfer
- ME 531 – Advanced Energy Systems and Analysis
- ME 536 – Advanced Heat Transfer
- ME 538 – Advanced Fluid Flow
2018 Black Engr
2529 Union Dr
Ames, IA 50011
Peer-Reviewed Articles (28)
Enhancing CO−Water Mass Transfer by Functionalized MCM41 Nanoparticles
Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research (2008)
Organic groups are grafted to 250-nm-diameter MCM41 nanoparticles with a spherical morphology to enhance the CO−water volumetric mass-transfer coefficient (kLa) ...
Enhancing CO-water mass transfer by functionalized MCM41 nanoparticles
Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research (2008)
Organic groups are grafted to ∼250-nm-diameter MCM41 nanoparticles with a spherical morphology to enhance the CO-water volumetric mass-transfer coefficient (kLa) ...
Hydrodynamics of Dispersed Liquid Droplets in Agitated Synthetic Fibrous Slurries
Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research (1997)
The hydrodynamic and liquid particle dispersion processes in agitated vessels containing dilute liquid−liquid dispersions, and dilute liquid dispersions in synthetic ...