|Present||Assistant Professor, University of Texas at Arlington|
|Present||Department of Educational Leadership & Policy Studies, University of Texas at Arlington|
College Access and Transitions, Historically Black Colleges and Universities, Latino college students, and STEM
Honors and Awards
- Center Affiliate, Penn Center for Minority Serving Institutions
- Faculty Affiliate, Project MALES, University of Texas at Austin
- Faculty Research Associate, Center for Mexican American Studies, UT Arlington
- Research Fellow, Learning Innovation and Networked Knowledge (LINK) Lab, UT Arlington
- Faculty Fellow, ELEVATE Program, Penn Center for Minority Serving Institutions
- Selected Participant, Early Career Faculty Teaching Workshop, ASHE
- Selected Participant, Graduate Student Policy Seminar, ASHE
- Selected Participant, DIvision J Emerging Scholars Workshops, AERA
- Selected Participant, Inter-University Program for Latino Research, Working Group on Higher Education
- Rising Star Award for Outstanding New Professional, Division of Student Life, Baylor University
- Organizational and Leadership Theory Research
- Higher Education and Student Affairs
- Diversity and Equity in Education
- Higher Education Trends and Issues
- American College Student
- Education Policy Issues in Public Schools
College Access and Transitions (5)
(Un)intended consequences: The first-year college experience of students with ...
Journal of The First-Year Experience & Students in Transition (2016)
Using Merton’s (1956) anticipatory socialization theory, this qualitative study explored how participation in dual credit in high school helped introduce ...
Historically Black Colleges and Universities (3)
Challenges and support: Transfer Experiences of Community College Engineering Students
Journal of Applied Research in the Community College (2015)
Focusing on community college students who have successfully transferred to engineering programs at a four-year research university, we explored the ...
Pathways to engineering: The validation experiences of transfer students. Advance ...
Community College Journal of Research and Practice (2015)
Community college engineering transfer students are a critical student population of engineering degree recipients and the technical workforce in the ...