|2000 - Present||Professor, Boise State University ‐ Department of English|
Honors and Awards
- 2004 - College of Arts and Sciences Award for Distinguished Teaching, Boise State University
- 2006 - Idaho Humanities Council Grant
- 2010-2012 - Learning Success Grant, Boise State University
- 2015 - Idaho Humanities Council Research Fellowship
- 2016 - COAS Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences Grant
- 2019 - Finishing Foundations Award, University Foundations, Boise State University
- Survey of American Literature
- American Realism
- Early American Literature
- Contemporary Western Literature and Criticism
- 20th-Century Western Women Writers
- American Sentimentalism
When Students Write Literary History: Regionalism, Populism, and Literary Value ...
Transformations: The Journal of Inclusive Scholarship and Pedagogy (2013)
At my urban university in the Intermountain West, English majors enter a course called Literature of the American West with ...
Student Mentored Works (1)
Contributions to Books (3)
Contribution to Book
Sentimental Eco-Memoir: Refuge, Hole in the Sky, and the Necessary ...
Western Subjects: Autobiographical Writing in the North American West (2004)
In the recent issue of Western American Literature devoted to the subject of "Western Autobiography and Memoir", a recurring theme ...
"Choking the Wheels of Material Progress": Bret Harte's Resistant ...
Association for the Study of Literature and Environment Biennial Conference, [Moscow, ID] (2015)
Bret Harte is best known as the author of California Gold Rush romances such as “The Luck of Roaring Camp” and ...