|May 2017 - Present||Department Chair, Missouri University of Science and Technology ‐ Engineering Management and Systems Engineering|
|November 2016 - Present||Associate Director and Co-Principal Investigator, Missouri University of Science and Technology ‐ INSPIRE-University Transportation Center|
|September 2016 - Present||Professor, Missouri University of Science and Technology ‐ Engineering Management and Systems Engineering|
|July 2015 - April 2017||Interim Department Chair, Missouri University of Science and Technology ‐ Engineering Management and Systems Engineering|
|2014 - August 2016||Associate Professor, Missouri University of Science and Technology ‐ Engineering Management and Systems Engineering|
|August 2008 - 2013||Assistant Professor, Missouri University of Science and Technology ‐ Engineering Management and Systems Engineering|
|August 2005 - July 2008||Assistant Professor and Director of Transportation-Logistics Program, Missouri Southern State University|
Professional Service and Affiliations
|Present||Member, American Society of Engineering Education (ASEE)||Present||Member, American Society of Engineering Managers (ASEM)||Present||Member, Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP)||Present||Member, Epsilon Mu Eta, Engineering Management Honor Society||Present||Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)||Present||Member, Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE)||Present||Member, Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE)|
Honors and Awards
- Woman of the Year, Campus Award (2016)
- ASEM Fellow, International Honor (2015)
- ASEM Franklin Woodbury Award, International Honor (2015)
- ASEM World Headquarters Service Commendation Award, International Honor (2015)
- ASEM Meritorious Service Award, International Honor (2014)
- Bernard Sarchet Award, EMSE Departmental Award (2014)
- University of Missouri President’s Award for Early Career Excellence, UM System Honor (2013)
- MoDOT Innovation Award, Finalist, State Honor (2013)
- Edward Smith Faculty Award, Missouri S&T, EMSE Departmental Award (2012)
- AASHTO Midwest Region High Value Research Project Award Winner, National Honor (2012)
- INCOSE Best Student Poster Competition, Advisor of Student Awardee, International Honor (2012)
- IIE Innovations in Curriculum Award, Finalist, International Honor (2012)
- Faculty Excellence Award, Missouri S&T, Campus Award (2011-2012)
- Outstanding Distance Education Award, Missouri S&T, Campus Award (2011-2012)
- Outstanding Paper Award, Engineering Management Division, ASEE Annual Conference (2010)
- Outstanding Professor Award, Missouri S&T, EMSE Departmental Award (2009)
- Outstanding Faculty Research Award, MSSU School of Business Administration (2006)
- EMgt 5111 Management for Engineers
- EMgt 5614 Supply Chain Management Systems
- EMgt 2110 Managing Engineering and Technology
- EMgt 5513 Sustainability and Energy Management Systems
- EMgt 3510 Introduction to Marketing Systems
|2007||PhD, University of Missouri - Rolla ‐ Engineering Management and Systems Engineering|
|2004||MS, University of Missouri - Rolla ‐ Engineering Management|
|1988||MA, University of Missouri-Saint Louis ‐ History|
|1984||BA, University of Missouri - Rolla ‐ History|
|1984||BS, University of Missouri - Rolla ‐ Physics|
227 Engineering Management
Missouri University of Science and Technology
Rolla, MO 65409-0560ngi
(573) 341-762173) 341-7621
Research Works (100)
K-Mean Clustering in Transportation: A Work Zone Simulator Case Study
Engineering Management and Systems Engineering Faculty Research & Creative Works (2017)
Transportation engineering considers many different categories such as accident management, infrastructure management, driver behavior, and traffic management and generates large ...
Evaluation of Support Vector Machines and Random Forest Classifiers in ...
Proceedings of the 2017 IEEE Conference on Computational Intelligence in Bioinformatics and Computational Biology (2017, Manchester, UK) (2017)
In this paper, we compare methods for evaluating the fetal state prediction based on Cardiotocography (CTG) data. Antepartum Fetal Monitoring ...
Statistical Comparison of Lane Shift Sign Configurations with Driving Simulation
Proceedings of the 67th Annual Conference and Expo of the Institute of Industrial Engineers (2017, Pittsburgh, PA) (2017)
In this study, we analyze and compare driver responses to alternative lane shift signs using a driving simulation system. In ...
Defining Resilience: A Preliminary Integrative Literature Review
Proceedings of the International Annual Conference of the American Society for Engineering Management (2016, Charlotte, NC) (2016)
The term resilience is ubiquitous in technical literature; it appears in numerous forms, such as resilience, resiliency, or resilient, and ...
Cross-Cultural Management Learning Through Innovative Pedagogy: An Exploratory Study of ...
Decision Sciences Journal of Innovative Education (2015)
This article presents an innovative pedagogy based on student participation in globally distributed project teams. The study questions the link ...
Use of Traffic Simulators to Determine Driver Response to Work ...
Proceedings of the International Annual Conference of the American Society for Engineering Management (2015, Indianapolis, MN) (2015)
Improving work zone road safety is an issue of great interest due to the high number of crashes observed in ...
A Bi-Objective Railroad Track Inspection Planning Problem
Proceedings of the IIE Annual Conference and Expo (2015, Nashville, TN) (2015)
Track inspection, specifically automated ultrasonic inspections of railroad tracks, is one of the most important safety operations that State Department ...
The Impact of a Strong Local Supply Chain on Regional ...
Proceedings of the SME Annual Conference and Expo and CMA 117th National Western Mining Conference -- Mining: Navigating the Global Waters (2015, Denver, CO) (2015)
While mines generally focus on achieving operational efficiency, creating shared value for all stakeholders is also a management goal. This ...
Bi-Objective Track Inspection Scheduling: Formulation and Solution Analysis
Proceedings of the Transportation Research Board 94th Annual Meeting (2015, Washington, DC) (2015)
One of the most important railroad safety operations that State Departments of Transportation and/or railroad companies need to plan is ...
Economic Analysis of a Utility Owned Small Scale Solar Photovoltaic ...
Proceedings of the 35th International Annual Conference of the American Society for Engineering Management -- Entrepreneurship Engineering: Harnessing Innovation (2014, Virginia Beach, VA) (2014)
As the need for more sustainable energy supply increases, electricity utilities are looking to renewable generation to complement large scale ...