|Present||Associate Professor, Health Promotion and Education, School of Kinesiology, Allied Health and Human Services, University of Northern Iowa ‐ School of Kinesiology, Allied Health and Human Services|
Honors and Awards
- Apple Polisher, UNI Student Admissions Ambassadors, 2015
- Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier 20 under 40 Recipient, 2010
- Veridian Credit Union Community Engagement Award (College of Education), 2008
- Carver Institute Fellow, University of Northern Iowa, Summer 2008
- College of Education Outstanding Faculty Award for Teaching, 2007
- Institute for Healthcare Advancement’s Health Literacy Research Award Nominee, 2007
- Carver Institute Fellow, University of Northern Iowa, Summer 2007
- Introduction to Public Health
- Capstone: Community and Public Health
- Implementing Health Promotion Programs
- Guided Independent Study
- Medical Terminology
- First Year Cornerstone Experience
University of Northern Iowa
Wellness & Recreation Center 219
Cedar Falls, IA 50614-0241
Office Location: WRC 219
Phone: (319) 273-5930
Fax: (319) 273-5958
Contributions to Books (1)
Stylists as Lay Health Educators: A Qualitative Process Evaluation of ...
The 140th Annual American Public Health Association Conference (2012)
Beauty salons are unique and effective settings to provide community-based health education. Viewed as natural helpers by their community, stylists ...
The Numeracy Demands of Health Education Information: An Examination of ...
Institute for Health Advancement’s Sixth Annual Health Literacy Conference (2012)
The comprehension of numerical concepts that appear in written health educational materials is an important aspect of health literacy. Health ...