|Present||Professor of Philosophy, Butler University ‐ Department of Philosophy, Religion, and Classics|
Honors and Awards
- Outstanding Faculty Member in the Humanities, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, Butler University, 2002
- Phi Beta Kappa - Alpha of Connecticut
- Mellon Fellow in the Humanities, 1987-1992
- Introduction to Philosophy
- Introduction to Science, Technology, and Society
- Contemporary Moral Issues
- Principles of Reasoning
- Philosophy of Biology
- Philosophy of Mind
- Philosophy of Science
- Analytic Philosophy
- Frege, Russell and Wittgenstein
Department of Philosophy and Religion
4600 Sunset Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46208
On the Relation between Quantum Mechanical and Neo-Mechanistic Ontologies and ...
European Journal for Philosophy of Science (2014)
Advocates of the New Mechanicism in philosophy of science argue that scientific explanation often consists in describing mechanisms responsible for ...
Contributions to Books (5)
Aspects of Human Historiographic Explanation: A View from the Philosophy ...
Explanation in the Special Sciences: The Case of Biology and History (2014)
While some philosophers of history have argued that explanations in human history are of a fundamentally different kind than explanations ...