|2014 ‐ Present||University Professor of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering, Iowa State University|
|2013 ‐ Present||Faculty Advisor to the President, Iowa State University|
|2009 ‐ 2014||Professor of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering, Iowa State University ‐ Department of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering|
|2004 ‐ 2009||Associate Professor of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering, Iowa State University|
|2003 ‐ 2004||Associate Professor of Industrial Education and Technology, Iowa State University|
|1997 ‐ 2003||Assistant Professor of Industrial Education and Technology, Iowa State University|
Honors and Awards
- Fulbright Specialist, Institute of International Education, U.S. Dept. of State, 2011–2012
- SENCER Leadership Fellow, National Center for Science and Civic Engagement, 2008–10
- Learning Community Champion Award, Iowa State University, 2008
- Outstanding Industrial Technology Professor Award, National Association of Industrial Technology, 2007
- Principles of Injury Prevention
- Occupational Safety Management
- Safety and Public Health Issues in Modern Society
- Curriculum Development in Technology and Engineering
|1993||PhD, Purdue University ‐ Agricultural Engineering|
3333 Elings Hall
605 Bissell Rd
Iowa State University
Ames, IA 50011
Safety Research: Peer-Reviewed Articles (17)
Object-oriented Methodology for Analyzing and Allocating Resources for Field Operations
Applied Engineering in Agriculture (1992)
An object-oriented methodology for machinery management was developed by combining knowledge system techniques with conventional problem solving techniques. The methodology ...
Safety Research: Conference Proceedings (1)
The Impact of Employee Trust on the Perceptions of Organizational ...
Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering Conference Proceedings and Presentations (2010)
Human factors play an important, but often overlooked, role in the management of safety and quality in the work environment. ...
Engagement and Outreach: Peer-Reviewed Articles (2)
Teaching and Learning: Peer-Reviewed Articles (23)
Identifying Predictors of Academic Success for Part-Time Students at Polytechnic ...
International Journal of Adult Vocational Education and Technology (2011)
A central challenge for higher education today is to understand the diversity and complexity of nontraditional students’ life experiences and ...