- Behavior and Behavior Mechanisms,
- Community Health,
- Community Health and Preventive Medicine,
- Health Psychology,
- Public Health,
- Public Health Education and Promotion,
- Quantitative, Qualitative, Comparative, and Historical Methodologies,
- Social and Behavioral Sciences and
- Translational Medical Research
Chapter learning objectives: Define translational research and understand its importance to improve population health; compare and contrast translational research phases in biomedical research with behavioral and social sciences research; identify strategies to improve translational research in health behavior change interventions.
Lemon SC, Bowen DJ, Rosal MC, Pagoto SL, Schneider KL, Pbert L, Wang ML, Allen JD, Ockene JK. (2013) "Translational Research Phases in the Behavioral and Social Sciences: Adaptations from the Biomedical Sciences" in: K.A. Riekert, J.K. Ockene, L. Pbert (eds.). Handbook of Health Behavior Change. 4th ed. Springer Pub. Co. ISBN-13: 9780826199355 A partial preview of this book chapter is available via Google Books.
Available at: http://works.bepress.com/stephenie_lemon/64/