The Power to Transform: Leadership that Brings Learning and Schooling to LifePublications & Research
- Curriculum and Instruction,
- Curriculum and Social Inquiry,
- Educational Administration and Supervision,
- Educational Assessment, Evaluation, and Research,
- Elementary and Middle and Secondary Education Administration,
- Elementary Education and Teaching,
- Gifted Education,
- Junior High, Intermediate, Middle School Education and Teaching,
- Science and Mathematics Education,
- Secondary Education and Teaching,
- Social and Philosophical Foundations of Education and
- Teacher Education and Professional Development
AbstractThe Power to Transform is a call to re-conceive and re-design schooling. Rather than offer “best practices” or “prescriptive solutions,” it invites leaders of all ages and walks of life to think differently about learning and schooling. It illuminates the “why” and “what” of educational transformation and explores its deepest roots. It offers new language, new design principles, a new framework, and a new map for creating vibrant, imaginative and adaptive learning landscapes that integrate the dynamic properties of living systems with the generative principles of learning. It is from this natural integration that the new story of learning and schooling unfolds. It is from this new story that we can bring learning and schooling to life.
Citation InformationMarshall, Stephanie Pace, The Power to Transform: Leadership that Brings Learning and Schooling to Life, Jossey-Bass Publishers, Feb 2006.