|Present||Assistant Professor, University of South Carolina - Columbia|
Ultrsonics, Wave Propagation, Computational NDE, Signal Processing, Smart Materials, Sensors, Energy Harvesting, and Continuum Mechanics
Honors and Awards
- "Achenbach Medal" for being an outstanding young researcher in the field of SHM, 2010.
- Jaya Seetha Ranjani Harihar Subramani Award, by IIT Bombay, 2002
- Invited as a leading author to write a technical article on contemporary research in “Industrial Sensing and Measurement” column of Optical Engineering Magazine, SPIE Newsroom, 2007.
- Invited to present contemporary research in “World Forum on Smart Materials and Smart Structures Technology”, Chonjqing & Nanjing, China 2007”; Sponsored by NSF.
- National Award for Best M.Tech Thesis by Indian Society of Technical Education, 2002
- Honored by Technical Expert , 2005-2008 by Department of Engineering Mechanics, University of Arizona, Tucson.
- Advanced Mathematical Methods
- Applied Numerical methods
- Ultrasonic Wave Propagation
Office: Department of Mechanical Engineering
University of South Carolina
300 Main Street, Room A117
Columbia, SC 29208
Mechanical Engineering (30)
Phonon Confinement using Spirally Designed Elastic Resonators in Discrete Continuum
International Journal of Materials Science and Applications (2014)
Periodic and chiral orientation of microstructures, here we call phononic crystals, have extraordinary capabilities to facilitate the innovative design of ...
Design, Fabrication, and Properties of 2-2 Connectivity Cement/Polymer based ...
Journal of Applied Physics (2014)
The laminated 2-2 connectivity cement/polymer based piezoelectric composites with variedpiezoelectric phase distribution were fabricated by employing Lead Zirconium Titanate ceramicas ...
Wave Propagation in Metamaterial using Multiscale Resonators by Creating Local ...
International Journal of Modern Engineering (2013)
Directional guiding, passing or stopping of elastic waves through engineered materials have many applications to the engineering fields. Recently, such ...
Elastic Wave Field Computation in Multilayered Nonplanar Solid Structures: A ...
The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America (2008)
Multilayered solid structures made of isotropic, transversely isotropic, or general anisotropic materials are frequently used in aerospace, mechanical, and civil ...