|Present||Philip & Sheila Jordan Professor in Environmental Studies, Kenyon College|
|Professor of Biology, Kenyon College|
Honors and Awards
- Fulbright Senior Research Fellow 2012-2013, Spain
- Appointed to the Ramsar Convention Scientific and Technical Review Panel. 2015-2018. Appointed as a Scientific Expert to the Ramsar Convention Secretariat, Science and Technical Review Panel to the Conference of the Parties. Gland, Switzerland.
- Appointed to the National Academies of Sciences and Engineering Water Science and Technology Board member. 2011 – 2017. Appointed by the National Academy of Sciences to review and advise on water resource issues in the US.
- Recipient of the Robert J. Tomsich Science Award for excellence in scientific research at Kenyon College, 2001
- Appointed to the Intergovernmental Science Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services (IPBES), 2015-2017. United Nations Environment Program. Lead Author for the Global Thematic Assessment on Land Degradation and Restoration
- Appointed to the Intergovernmental Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services (IPBES), 2015-17. UNEP. Coordinating Lead Author for the Americas Assessment on Biodiversity, Ecosystem Services and Human Well-Being.
- ARTS 191: ST: Botany and New Bot. Art
- BIOL 115: Energy in Living Systems
- BIOL 191: Special Topic
- BIOL 291: ST: Restoration Ecology
- BIOL 352: Aquatic Systems Biology
- BIOL 353: Aquatic Systems Lab
- BIOL 386: Research in Biology
- BIOL 391: Special Topic
- BIOL 393: Individual Study in Biology
- BIOL 493: Individual Study in Biology
- BIOL 498: Senior Honors
- ENVS 112: Introduction to Environmental Studies
- ENVS 251: Field Experience: Environmental Outreach
- ENVS 253: Sustainable Agriculture
- ENVS 461: Seminar in Environmental Studies
- ENVS 493: Individual Study
|1991||Doctorate of Philosophy, Ohio State University - Main Campus|
|1986||Bachelor of Science, Ohio State University - Main Campus|
P: (740) 427-5455
Higley Hall 205
Research Works (65)
Forecasting Critical Ecosystem Services from Measures of Wetland Condition at ...
Report to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (2013)
Objective: To provide an estimation procedure for wetland ecosystem services that allows wetland management and restoration approaches to align with ...