|Present||Philip & Sheila Jordan Professor in Environmental Studies, Kenyon College|
|Professor of Biology, Kenyon College|
Honors and Awards
- Fulbright Senior Research Fellow 2012-2013, Spain
- Appointed to the Ramsar Convention Scientific and Technical Review Panel. 2015-2018. Appointed as a Scientific Expert to the Ramsar Convention Secretariat, Science and Technical Review Panel to the Conference of the Parties. Gland, Switzerland.
- Appointed to the National Academies of Sciences and Engineering Water Science and Technology Board member. 2011 – 2017. Appointed by the National Academy of Sciences to review and advise on water resource issues in the US.
- Recipient of the Robert J. Tomsich Science Award for excellence in scientific research at Kenyon College, 2001
- Appointed to the Intergovernmental Science Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services (IPBES), 2015-2017. United Nations Environment Program. Lead Author for the Global Thematic Assessment on Land Degradation and Restoration
- Appointed to the Intergovernmental Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services (IPBES), 2015-17. UNEP. Coordinating Lead Author for the Americas Assessment on Biodiversity, Ecosystem Services and Human Well-Being.
- ARTS 191: ST: Botany and New Bot. Art
- BIOL 115: Energy in Living Systems
- BIOL 191: Special Topic
- BIOL 291: ST: Restoration Ecology
- BIOL 352: Aquatic Systems Biology
- BIOL 353: Aquatic Systems Lab
- BIOL 386: Research in Biology
- BIOL 391: Special Topic
- BIOL 393: Individual Study in Biology
- BIOL 493: Individual Study in Biology
- BIOL 498: Senior Honors
- ENVS 112: Introduction to Environmental Studies
- ENVS 251: Field Experience: Environmental Outreach
- ENVS 253: Sustainable Agriculture
- ENVS 461: Seminar in Environmental Studies
- ENVS 493: Individual Study
|1991||Doctorate of Philosophy, Ohio State University - Main Campus|
|1986||Bachelor of Science, Ohio State University - Main Campus|
Higley Hall 205
Research Works (67)
A global perspective on wetland salinization: ecological consequences of a ...
8th International workshop on nutrient cycling and retention in wetlands. (2013)
Salinization, a widespread threat to the structure and ecological functioning of inland and coastal wetlands, is currently occurring at an ...
Forecasting Critical Ecosystem Services from Measures of Wetland Condition at ...
Report to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (2013)
Objective: To provide an estimation procedure for wetland ecosystem services that allows wetland management and restoration approaches to align with ...